Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help for an LEO with NY2

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Take the spring out of the NY2. If discovered, play dumb.

What could go wrong
    Loss of job, getting stuck on the wrong end of a major civil suit, possibly compromise weapon function........
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I have a family member who is an active LEO for a large Agency that mandates the glock NY2 trigger for officers and he recently switched to a G26 for off duty as the KAHR that he carriied is no longer authorized. (I'm sure most of you can guess the agency but I'd rather leave it out) He has limited range time and ammo provided to him by the agency, and their training program is pathetic.

I took him to a basic pistol class by top instructors last year, I bought him a set of sights for the G26, I gave him practice ammo, and I ordered him one of the new plastic SIRT pistols with a trigger set up as close the NY2 as possible.

I'm looking for any other suggestions on how best to mitigate the heavy trigger.. Is there a difference in technique you would recommend? Are some drills more suited than others for learning this? Etc.

Anything you experienced pistol guys recommend would be appreciated.

Thanks

Eric
    Lots of dry fire learning to develop the feel for it. The NY2 is heavier than lots of folks use but lots of folks also use it without any problems. I run the NY1 in my Glocks, but used a friend's G22 for about half a day on the range and didn't notice anything unusual. Only later found out it had the NY2 in it.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

[QUOTE=fuse;65903]Take the spring out of the NY2. If discovered, play dumb.

What could go wrong[

Becoming the next Zimmerman?

Re: grip strength, another simple exercise is to lay out a newspaper, place your hands flat in the middle of it. Use your fingers to crumple up each page into a ball.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

User Tag List