Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Beto O'Rourke: "Hell yes, we're going to take your" assault weapon

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Humor never killed anyone. The lack of it probably has though.
    Puns don't count as humor, right?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Puns don't count as humor, right?
    That is like asking
    Whether haiku like this one
    Count as poetry

If we start a thread about gay rights will it help all other threads in the same continent of their origin ?

Asking for a guy who doesn’t give a damn who's married to who and wouldn’t think twice about it if it wasn’t forced upon him.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    If we start a thread about gay rights will it help all other threads in the same continent of their origin ?

Asking for a guy who doesn’t give a damn who's married to who and wouldn’t think twice about it if it wasn’t forced upon him.
    I’m curious. How is it forced upon you ? You mean like by the litigation that was needed to get the right recognized by all states ? Or you mean you’re being forced to marry a guy ? Or what, exactly ?

And no, it won’t. People on here often say dumb stuff like, ooo, opposition to gun rights is who the dems or the left are now, derp. I reply that gun rights don’t need to be partisan, and neither do lgbt rights. I understand the democratic candidates are disappointing AF on gun rights. Just as the republicans are habitually, time and again, disappointing AF on civil rights. I don’t think every R is against civil rights and don’t appreciate the implication that “who the left is “ is anti gun. I’m pro gun and pro self determination, from the left. That’s all. There are more of us than you think.
    Last edited by Medusa; 10-22-2019 at 04:11 PM.

“There are more of us than you think”

Yea. That’s the force.

I don’t - I truly don’t care what you do with your life. It’s none of my business. But. Somehow. Here we are

I support you. Whoever you are. And whatever you do in your peaceful existence as an American.

But Beto....Threats of confiscation.....Democrats........not related to private ownership of giraffes- no matter how badly I want it to be.

Joke in poor taste deleted.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-22-2019 at 05:14 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Banned
    So if we want to move forward on matters of mutual concern, we might want to de-partisanize rkba and self determination. I absolutely won’t vote for Beto, but I also can’t vote for trump, or pence, based on what they’ve done, allowed or condoned, and who they are beholden to.

Hell I was the first in this thread to post Taran Tactical’s welcome to the rice fields parody. I get what’s at stake. I’m on your side.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    “There are more of us than you think”

Yea. That’s the force.

I don’t - I truly don’t care what you do with your life. It’s none of my business. But. Somehow. Here we are

I support you. Whoever you are. And whatever you do in your peaceful existence as an American.

But Beto....Threats of confiscation.....Democrats........not related to private ownership of giraffes- no matter how badly I want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    I absolutely won’t vote for Beto, but I also can’t vote for trump, or pence, based on what they’ve done, allowed or condoned, and who they are beholden to.
    Here is the dilemma that the two-party system presents: it is between Beto (Or whoever else from this crowd) and Trump (Or whoever else from that crowd). Weaponization of culture and politics in general brought us to the point that we are no longer talking about politics or culture , we are fighting a war to win with mutually assured destruction. And as always dehumanization of your opponent is an essential part of the war. And as always, the enemy of your enemy becomes your friend.
    Last edited by cheby; 10-22-2019 at 05:59 PM.

To quote Tam:
    Party politics today is a race to the boxcars; first team there gets to make the other team ride.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Banned
    Well, I can only try to avoid that, and ask others to as well. If enough of us do, things change for the better. I don’t know what else there is - succumb, I guess. I’m not so inclined. I bet you aren’t either. So we can try.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Here is the dilemma that the two-part system presents: it is between Beto (Or whoever else from this crowd) and Trump (Or whoever else from that crowd). Weaponization of culture and politics in general brought us to the point that we are no longer talking about politics or culture , we are fighting a war to win with mutually assured destruction. And as always dehumanization of your opponent is an essential part of the war. And as always, the enemy of your enemy becomes your friend.

User Tag List