Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Beto O'Rourke: "Hell yes, we're going to take your" assault weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Some of the gun control advocates pushing UBCs are fearful that since Beto gave reality to confiscation and the slippery slope that will reduce support for the two items. That we will come for your guns is real. Fearing the slope now gives cover to Trump and Congress to oppose the bills.
    So Beto is actually a NRA False Flag?

ETA: a buddy of mine always liked shooting but had no guns. In the run-up to the 2016 election he bought a Beretta 92. Since then, he has bought or inherited four more guns. When the mag ban moved out of committee he bought a dozen magazines for his Beretta. Next is his CHL and an AR15.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 09-14-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I don't think he's that smart. I think he's desperate and made a stupid mistake.
    I think he's being paid by the Committee to Re-Elect Trump.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    It's working. I didn't vote for either POTUS candidate last go round. I've been pretty vocal about not voting for the lesser of two evils. I guess the Democratic POTUS hopefuls took that as a challenge: "How can we get BBI to vote for Trump?"

I'm still of the opinion a split POTUS/House/Senate is best for all of us. I'd prefer to keep the loons in both parties in check as much as possible.
    Gary Johnson was on our ballot. That guy has definitely smoked too much pot but I voted for him anyway. I'm not going to be a party to this insanity any longer.

If nothing else at least I won't be responsible for someone like Clinton or Trump getting elected. If the democrats or republicans can't do any better than that then they can forget about me as a voter.

2020 is shaping up as another 2016 election. Joe Biden? Donald Trump? That has to be some kind of cruel joke. Or maybe it isn't. Maybe it's an omen.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

If anyone is thinking about investments. Several mutual funds are heavy on gun company stocks.

I’m planning to buy in soon. Figure I might as well ride the wave and collect some profits.

ETA: https://weaponfreefunds.org/families - this group is trying to get people to divest. So they have analyzed funds to find those with large financial stakes. Look through, find an F-rates fund, invest in that one.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 09-14-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Site Supporter
    Robert Francis triples down on the confiscation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIc1-CrfCXU

Looks really uncomfortable when pressed on details of removing the items from possession.

Essentially, after the mandatory buyback is timed out, he has a vague reference to a vague plan of using LE for confiscation.
    Last edited by fixer; 09-14-2019 at 09:53 AM.

CWM11B
    Yesterday my wife read a FB post from a former neighbor who recently moved away (I dont do FB , but the wife does). We were friendly, she was a great neighbor, very successful and educated. VERY liberal. She posted that due to all of the "kooks" running for the Democrat nomination, she would be voting for Trump in 20. This from a dyed in the wool HRC supporter who never met a social welfare program she didnt like.
    I'm not convinced there is that much support for this field. The media is giving them plenty of cover. I'd be interested in seeing an honest camera pan of the event centers to see just how "packed" they really are. If folks were camping out days in advance, and jumbotrons were having to be set up for those who couldn't get in, that would be all over the MSM. I'm concerned, as I have been since becoming cognizant, for the fragility of our republic, but I'm not worried one of these wingnuts is going to get elected.
    Last edited by CWM11B; 09-14-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I don't think he's that smart. I think he's desperate and made a stupid mistake.
    Agreed. Dipshits gonna dipshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    T-shirt or hat with that, please.

eta: not my own original thought, but the tin foil is vibrating...

Robert Francis has been paid off to tank his campaign, and to normalize gun the confiscation idea on his way out the door.
    No, stickers. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Some of the gun control advocates pushing UBCs are fearful that since Beto gave reality to confiscation and the slippery slope that will reduce support for the two items. That we will come for your guns is real. Fearing the slope now gives cover to Trump and Congress to oppose the bills.
    Yup. Beto is our friend.

Sen. Christopher Coons (D-Del.) on Friday warned that Beto O’Rourke’s pledge that the government will confiscate semiautomatic AR-15 rifles will become a rallying cry for gun rights groups for years to come and haunt the Democratic Party far into the future.

“I frankly think that that clip will be played for years at Second Amendment rallies with organizations that try to scare people by saying that Democrats are coming for your guns,” Coons, an ally of former Vice President Joe Biden in the Democratic race, told CNN’s Poppy Harlow in an interview.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...arty-for-years

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    We've got a few threads on "Red Flag" laws already and I won't make this into another one. I encourage you to take a look at my posts there because there is so much misinformation about Red Flag laws at the moment since it's so politicized. I'll just say that no, they don't circumvent due process any more than an arrest does and simply spouting off on Facebook isn't enough to meet the prongs to trigger Red Flag laws. Learn the facts, then if you're against it your against what it actually is. Going by what you've been told it is is the equivalent of 'the shoulder thingy that goes up' in many instances. My state has had one for over a decade. It's been such a non-issue people demanding we don't get a Red Flag law are quite unaware we've had one for over a decade and all the stuff they say will happen...hasn't.
    We've had a red flag law for 2 years now. I haven't read anything about it being used to harass anyone. Gross misdemeanor if you do. A year in jail, 5K or both. You would have to want to harass someone with a vengeance to go thru that. Not saying someone wouldn't do it, just saying there's a price to be paid.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List