Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Beto O'Rourke: "Hell yes, we're going to take your" assault weapon

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    While perhaps necessary at times, anti-discrimination laws have a real cost in that one party is being coerced - an erosion of the voluntary nature of liberty & freedom.
    I would suggest that you take a look at the Green Book and reflect on why such a publication was necessary.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    And consider that its analogs and cousins still exist today.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    We all seem to agree that the 2nd amendment is not to be dismissed. Why are some of us having a hard time with the 14th? You want to discriminate? Tough shit. Move to a country that allows it.
    Who said any of that? You labor under the pretense I think that is ok. I don't. What I disagree with, and was referring to my my original post, is the blatant fishing for outrage that some seem to engage in.

Chris

Beto O'Rourke: "Hell yes, we're going to take your" assault weapon

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Who said any of that? You labor under the pretense I think that is ok. I don't. What I disagree with, and was referring to my my original post, is the blatant fishing for outrage that some seem to engage in.

Chris
    Sorry, that came out sounding like it was aimed at you. I apologize.

I meant the general ‘you’, and should have said “someone” instead.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-18-2019 at 06:36 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    ... What I disagree with, and was referring to my my original post, is the blatant fishing for Selective outrage that some seem to engage in.

Chris
    Added to it - you didn't see them going to a Fundamental Islamic bakery and asking for a gay wedding cake.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 10-18-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Show me the difference. They are both equally violating the laws of the free market by restricting the access of a certain group. I just used "wrong thoughts" as a catch all for why that group is excluded. Wrong sexual orientation, wrong religion, wrong political party, etc. Of course it's to also include wrong race, wrong sex, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I would suggest that you take a look at the Green Book and reflect on why such a publication was necessary.
    I guess I don't see discrimination today being prevalent enough to cause market distortions severe enough to justify blunt intervention. Certainly no one is being turned away from motels & diners in town after town.

Curves fitness centers discriminate on the basis of sex, clearly in violation of federal law, but nobody cares because men have plenty of other gyms from which to choose. Curves is not limiting the supply enough to distort price or access - do you still think they should be coerced into serving men?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    "Treat other people as you yourself would like to be treated" is pretty close to being a universal moral principal common to most human cultures and religions.
    Shouldn't this also apply to the man trying to join Curves and to the Trans activist trying to force a devot religious conservative to create a custom "blue on the outside, pink on the inside" cake?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    We all seem to agree that the 2nd amendment is not to be dismissed. Why are some of us having a hard time with the 14th? You want to discriminate? Tough shit. Move to a country that allows it.
    Very few people would argue the 2nd Amendment protects customers from the desires of businesses to be gun free. It only limits the government...
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 10-18-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Curves fitness centers discriminate on the basis of sex, clearly in violation of federal law...
    I don't know if it violates federal law, but there have been successful lawsuits against it in some states:

...successful lawsuits against women only gyms in Minnesota, Wisconsin, California and Orange County. Some of these cases were won on the premise that men were not only denied access to work out at the clubs but also because they were also denied employment. In a case against Women’s Workout World in Chicago, not only were men finally allowed to work at the gym, but the ones who were turned down were paid $30,000 in damages. In 1997, a lawsuit against a Massachusetts health club, Healthworks Fitness Center, ruled that the club could not exclude men. source: https://fitnessmarketing.com/2011/04...iscrimination/
    However if it does violate federal law, some states are in violation:
    Due to the amount of protests from angry women regarding rulings in favor of men, many states have passed legislation to permit single-sex health clubs that benefit both sexes. These states are Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Tennessee and New Jersey. (same source)
    I would think, much like employment, is there a bonafide need for the restriction? A gynecologist's office limiting patients to female only is pretty obvious. A dentist's office, probably not so much. Different courts have apparently arrived at different conclusions on the matter of gyms. Is it like a locker room where nudity or near nudity creates a bonafide need for segregation based on sex? I don't think that's really the case in our society at the moment.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

So does this mean that we have to disband the "He-Man Woman Hater's Club"?

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    So does this mean that we have to disband the "He-Man Woman Hater's Club"?
    OT, but reminds me of this:

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List