Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Beto O'Rourke: "Hell yes, we're going to take your" assault weapon

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    It's working. I didn't vote for either POTUS candidate last go round. I've been pretty vocal about not voting for the lesser of two evils. I guess the Democratic POTUS hopefuls took that as a challenge: "How can we get BBI to vote for Trump?"

I'm still of the opinion a split POTUS/House/Senate is best for all of us. I'd prefer to keep the loons in both parties in check as much as possible.
    I quoted this to like it twice. For the record I didn’t vote for either candidate last election either.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    “The party of slavery” line ignores that it was Democrats who pushed through landmark civil rights acts in the 1960s. Those acts pushed the segregationists out of the Democratic party into the GOP, who were welcomed with open arms by Nixon and his “southern strategy”.
    This is actually not really correct.

A greater percentage of Republicans voted in favor of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for example:

By party

The original House version:

Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
    Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)
    Cloture in the Senate:

Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
    Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
    The Senate version:

Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
    Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
    The Senate version, voted on by the House:

Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
    Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

Also here is another opinion on the southern strategy just for a start:

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...thern-strategy
    Last edited by cheby; 09-13-2019 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I am seriously considering buying this T-shirt. I hate the thought of giving this fucker $30, but he is unelectable anyway. I hope that he overstepped far enough that he is unelectable for any office he ever tries to run for.
    This is a totally awesome tool to get gun owners out of inaction. Problem is that it was an unelectable who said it. Joe and Liz were smart enough to say nothing aloud, at least, not during the debate.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am seriously considering buying this T-shirt. I hate the thought of giving this fucker $30, but he is unelectable anyway. I hope that he overstepped far enough that he is unelectable for any office he ever tries to run for.
    This is a totally awesome tool to get gun owners out of inaction. Problem is that it was an unelectable who said it. Joe and Liz were smart enough to say nothing aloud, at least, not during the debate.
    You could try to shoot the nationals wearing that t-shirt, LOL

Robert Francis is not going to be the nominee of the increasingly crazy Democratic party .

Robert Francis is not ever going to win statewide election in Texas after his statements about race and guns.

Unless a seriously addled Biden makes him his VP, you are watching the end of this clown’s political career.

It’s almost like he got shitfaced, plowed his car into his electability, and tried to flee the scene while spewing “Woke” nonsense.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I hear what you’re saying but I wrote felt threatened not actual threats of violence. You’re thinking rational and I’m thinking worst case scenario. A law that circumvents due process has a very high probably of abuse. Just my opinion.
    We've got a few threads on "Red Flag" laws already and I won't make this into another one. I encourage you to take a look at my posts there because there is so much misinformation about Red Flag laws at the moment since it's so politicized. I'll just say that no, they don't circumvent due process any more than an arrest does and simply spouting off on Facebook isn't enough to meet the prongs to trigger Red Flag laws. Learn the facts, then if you're against it your against what it actually is. Going by what you've been told it is is the equivalent of 'the shoulder thingy that goes up' in many instances. My state has had one for over a decade. It's been such a non-issue people demanding we don't get a Red Flag law are quite unaware we've had one for over a decade and all the stuff they say will happen...hasn't.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    https://youtu.be/lLk1v5bSFPw

So, will Beto want to ban moonclips and speedloaders? “
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    It's working. I didn't vote for either POTUS candidate last go round. I've been pretty vocal about not voting for the lesser of two evils. I guess the Democratic POTUS hopefuls took that as a challenge: "How can we get BBI to vote for Trump?"

I'm still of the opinion a split POTUS/House/Senate is best for all of us. I'd prefer to keep the loons in both parties in check as much as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Same here
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Right there with you. Didn't vote for either party last go round, but sure as hell will be voting for Trump if this continues.
    You can add me to this list as well. "Threw away" my vote on a third party candidate last time around because I couldn't stand Clinton or Trump, but this crop of Democratic candidates combined with the political climate they've managed to create, has me feeling forced to vote for Trump even though I think he's a completely inappropriate person to be president. At least he seems *less* likely to try to take away my rights than the Democrats.

RE: BBI's comment about a split POTUS/House/Senate: I fully agree, and I would extend that to the SCOTUS as well. Assuming we stay at nine justices, I think the ideal makeup would be (roughly) 3 conservatives, 3 moderates, and 3 liberals, and they'd *all* be highly intelligent, persuasive constitutional scholars such that every case before them would be thought through from as many angles as possible and the finer points debated thoroughly between the justices.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    "My AR is ready for you Robert Francis."
    T-shirt or hat with that, please.

eta: not my own original thought, but the tin foil is vibrating...

Robert Francis has been paid off to tank his campaign, and to normalize gun the confiscation idea on his way out the door.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 09-14-2019 at 08:18 AM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    T-shirt or hat with that, please.

eta: not my own original thought, but the tin foil is vibrating...

Robert Francis has been paid off to tank his campaign, and to normalize gun the confiscation idea on his way out the door.
    I think he knew his campaign was a bust and threw the rest of the Dems intentionally under the bus with his remarks. (As in, if I can't be president, you can't either.)

May just be wishful thinking on my part, but I don't doubt that he's the petulant sort and capable of such.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List