Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Beto O'Rourke: "Hell yes, we're going to take your" assault weapon

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Bagpipes and tartan plaid were also banned as weapons of war at one time.
    Are we still doing "phrasing?"
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I'll play "Let's make a deal" -

I'll pay a 5% increase in taxes to help eliminate student loan debt and subsidize a substantial portion of public higher education in exchange for the complete and total repeal of the National Firearms Act of 1934, the Gun Control Act of 1968, the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986, and the Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990. And in the Omnibus Firearms Bill of 2019 there is irrevocable national reciprocity.

There, I "compromised".
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 09-16-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'll play "Let's make a deal" -

I'll pay a 5% increase in taxes to help eliminate student loan debt and subsidize a substantial portion of public higher education in exchange for the complete and total repeal of the National Firearms Act of 1934, the Gun Control Act of 1968, the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986, and the Gun Free School Zones Act of 1990. And in the Omnibus Firearms Bill of 2019 there is irrevocable national reciprocity.

There, I "compromised".
    You don’t understand a politician’s idea of compromise. To them compromise is asking for all your rights then agreeing to only take half of them (for now).

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Should we not be advocating that the second amendment absolutely meant weapons of war? Was it not written so that the citizenry would have weapons capable of fighting over-reaching government forces?
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Can't help but agree with you on this one. Arguably all guns are weapons of war. What's the real-world difference between a deer rifle and a sniper rifle, after all?
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    All weapons are weapons of war. That’s exactly what the 2A is about. Practically every rifle I can think of started out as a military weapon before some variation of it became popular in the civilian world for hunting, self defense, or competition shooting. The same is true for most centerfire handguns. I agree that pretending otherwise will not help us in the long run.
    I had to grapple with this line of thinking for a long time (in much the same way I had to grapple with the idea of concealed carry), for fear of sounding like a nutcase. But in the end, this is the only reasoning that makes sense, and we need to adjust our language/thinking accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    You don’t understand a politician’s idea of compromise. To them compromise is asking for all your rights then agreeing to only take half of them (for now).
    No, I definitely understand that.

I'm just projecting what I wish an elected official had the balls to say.

"You want to raise taxes to pay for social welfare programs? Fine. We'll build an omnibus bill - that repeals every right violating act congress has passed with your tax increase."

But like most things in our country - it's just words. Empty, hollow, worthless.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    No, I definitely understand that.

I'm just projecting what I wish an elected official had the balls to say.
    I know - I’m just playing....

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Lots of good sound bites from that debate. Shapiro's analysis:

Finally remembered to watch this video. Most applicable line from Shapiro:

"Beto... just Leroy Jenkinsing the hell out of this thing..."

That's a funny line right there

Site Supporter
    We have to keep control of the senate.

O'Rourke only lost the 2018 election in Texas for US Senate by about 2-1/2%.

Another seat is up for election in 2020 and candidates have until 9 December 2019 to file for election.

That's not quite three months away. I don't know if it is at all likely, but what if O'Rourke suddenly decided to run for the US Senate again?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22 View Post
    O'Rourke only lost the 2018 election in Texas for US Senate by about 2-1/2%.
    Only because he got the Obama velvet glove treatment by the press, nobody back then knew how batshit crazy he is.
    Give him twice the money and re-run him against Cruz tomorrow and he'd lose by 20% or more, even Cornyn would beat him by a safe margin.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

No Beto Roses

I just can't understand any thinking, freedom loving individual in Texas or elsewhere in the United States either promoting or voting for this clown.

Perhaps his supporters should be subject to "red flag" voting restrictions.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List