Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Beto O'Rourke: "Hell yes, we're going to take your" assault weapon

The Radical Left has long passed the point where they've become the sour disapproving puritan villains of an 80's teen comedy (with Kevin Bacon).

I suspect our little hobby is going to be the new Rock & Roll.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    He also tried to cover it up but that was a stretch.
    I deleted a number of snarky allusions to Chappaquiddick as with Tedddy's death, their relevancy has faded like the stains on Monica's blue dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    I listened to an interview of Sen. Coons on the subject of that legislation he is trying to introduce. You can debate its merits but he has an argument.

Dealing with Beto, he sounds like an exasperated adult in a Day Care filled with 2 year olds who need their diapers changed. I feel sorry for the guy. It’s almost like he understands the current D Candidates are dousing themselves with gasoline and frantically looking for a match.

Site Supporter
    I'm thinking about printing a yard sign...

Top line will read.... Dear Robert Francis., above an image of the Gonzales flag.

I'll get around to a mockup tomorrow.

What's the best way to distribute? Cafe Press is a ripoff.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I listened to an interview of Sen. Coons on the subject of that legislation he is trying to introduce. You can debate its merits but he has an argument.
    Senator Coons -“Don’t talk about confiscating guns, because it’s bad”
    Also Senator Coons - “I’m writing legislation to confiscate guns”.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

My hope is that the Democrats get seriously thrashed in 2020- like McGovern or Mondale Republican landslide thrashed.

Then they may reexamine their current path, and then drop the crybaby Woke Cancel Culture and actually go back to sanity.

Wishful thinking at best.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    My hope is that the Democrats get seriously thrashed in 2020- like McGovern or Mondale Republican landslide thrashed.

Then they may reexamine their current path, and then drop the crybaby Woke Cancel Culture and actually go back to sanity.

Wishful thinking at best.

"Whaddya mean? It could happen."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    That said, I can't figure out why the Aussies weren't similarly wired other than they didn't have the element of rebellion in their history.
    Chris
    Maybe it has something to do with the mentality of being a "Subject" (to the Crown) rather than a Peer. The US Constitution set up a peer relationship between the government and the governed, hence our FU attitude twords regulations. Most other populations see the government being something akin to a parent, and they are the child. Just a thought...

One other thought while I'm in the business of thinking....

In Australia as opposed to North America, there really were no serious predators with the exception of crocodiles, dingo's, and the extinct Tasmanian Tiger if I remember correctly. That may have something to do with it as well.
    Last edited by Tabasco; 09-14-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with the mentality of being a "Subject" (to the Crown) rather than a Peer. The US Constitution set up a peer relationship between the government and the governed, hence our FU attitude twords regulations. Most other populations see the government being something akin to a parent, and they are the child. Just a thought...
    That's probably a good explanation. It makes sense to me. Though, with Australia's background (ie mostly criminals), I would have thought they would be less aligned with the crown.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Unless they're talking about purchasing weapons from owners who got them from the CMP, I dislike the term "buyback". Call it what it is- confiscation.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    As I responded to one of my many Communist fellow traveler Facebook friends:

Armed home security officer while at home = 12 hours x 365 days x $20/hour = $87,600. Annuity that pays almost that much, but without inflation protection = $2,000,000.

So if you or Beto is buying, I’ll entertain offers above $2.5 million.

User Tag List