Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Beto O'Rourke: "Hell yes, we're going to take your" assault weapon

Name:  9D687B5F-BC79-45CF-9291-D3A276CAA059.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  15.7 KB

Kaitlin is not my daughter but she might as well be. When there was similar nonsense last December, I bought a “modern sporting rifle” as a Christmas present to myself for no other reason than f*ck you. I have absolutely no current use for one, it’s still in the box waiting for me to find some time and patience to read the manual, watch some videos and take it out for a spin, and whether that will happen within the next two years is an unsettled question.

More guns are being bought because of that reason, than they can possibly imagine.

Has anyone deep dived the dems financials to see if any of them own significant shares of gun stocks?
    Maybe someone just wants to get a better rate of return on their investment.
    Hell I still swear Barry O *MUST* have a large chunk of his portfolio in gun stocks. Dude was the greatest salesman ever!
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    This is not just Beto or Biden. Listen to the public cheering and screaming with approval. This is the core belief and agenda of the whole Democratic party. Remember that.
    Every single person on that stage is running for president, and campaigning on, abridging, restricting, or outright denying 1st, 2nd, and 4th amendment rights. And legions of utter fucking fools are egging them on.

The Left has lit a fuse that is only going to end in horrendously ugly ways.

This received applause in Houston-Friggin-Texas...of all places.

Not Austin...

Not Corpus...

Not El Paso...

Houston-Friggin-Texas

( I get it...there are probably a lot of DNC staff and operatives there that were pre-determined, or instructed, to applaud; folks from elsewhere. But still I remember the good old days when a Texas Democrat was more conservative than Republicans in other liberal states)
    Last edited by fixer; 09-14-2019 at 08:48 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Robert Francis is not going to be the nominee of the increasingly crazy Democratic party .

Robert Francis is not ever going to win statewide election in Texas after his statements about race and guns.

Unless a seriously addled Biden makes him his VP, you are watching the end of this clown’s political career.

It’s almost like he got shitfaced, plowed his car into his electability, and tried to flee the scene while spewing “Woke” nonsense.
    I wonder if he fell on his sword , or took one for the team. Thinking this is part of the long game. Start normalizing the idea of forceable confiscateins, by talking about it.

Plus starting the extreme end of the spectrum, gives lots of room to "compromise"

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I watched an interview with one of those co-signer CEOs the other night.

Paraphrasing, but it went like this:

Host: So, you are ok with UBC as a means of make sure that only those that should have guns, have them?

CEO: Oh yes, the shooter in Odessa did not pass a background check, but he was able to obtain a gun. We will pass a law that will of course making BCs universal and that will prevent that from happening...

Host: ...moves on as if nothing happened.

Me, at the TV: Wait, what? What the Frack did you just say!? I mean, you seriously just said, that this asshole broke the law and your solution is to...pass a law making background checks mandatory? And that's somehow going to make these assholes follow the law? What fracking fantasy land do you live in? And you run a "business" as a CEO? Making what? Fracking unicorn toys?!

I mean I am sorry but the sheer idiocy that passes for gun debate in this country makes me almost want to cry.
    Last edited by RJ; 09-14-2019 at 09:04 AM.

I have always thought that the point of these debates (Democratic or Republican), besides clarifying the Party platform, was to "whip up" enthusiasm for the respective party hosting the event. This time around however, something's much different; the extremely radical anti-2A rhetoric spouted by most of the Dem field, and especially that by O'Rourke, seems to have really energized the Republican/Conservatives while leaving the Dems looking....well, uh.....like the wind has gone out of their sails.

This is truly an interesting dynamic.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post

Kaitlin is not my daughter but she might as well be. When there was similar nonsense last December, I bought a “modern sporting rifle” as a Christmas present to myself for no other reason than f*ck you. I have absolutely no current use for one, it’s still in the box waiting for me to find some time and patience to read the manual, watch some videos and take it out for a spin, and whether that will happen within the next two years is an unsettled question.
    Mine will be here (well, at my FFL) Tuesday.

If CA is gonna call me a terrorist, I figured I should own a scary gun.
    I hold a small hope that, someday, Robert Francis will come over and personally ask me to turn it over.
    I know I have a better chance of winning the lottery.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    I wonder if he fell on his sword , or took one for the team. Thinking this is part of the long game. Start normalizing the idea of forceable confiscateins, by talking about it.

Plus starting the extreme end of the spectrum, gives lots of room to "compromise"

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I don't think he's that smart. I think he's desperate and made a stupid mistake.

Site Supporter
    Some of the gun control advocates pushing UBCs are fearful that since Beto gave reality to confiscation and the slippery slope that will reduce support for the two items. That we will come for your guns is real. Fearing the slope now gives cover to Trump and Congress to oppose the bills.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 09-14-2019 at 09:31 AM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Name:  9D687B5F-BC79-45CF-9291-D3A276CAA059.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  15.7 KB

one of my MD PhD classmates - not exactly a 'gun guy' - is building his first AR-15 (and first rifle) this weekend for the same reason.

I may have encouraged him, ever so slightly...
    Last edited by Nephrology; 09-14-2019 at 09:35 AM.

User Tag List