Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Beto O'Rourke: "Hell yes, we're going to take your" assault weapon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Actually it kind of does, though all parts of that do not necessarily correspond to all of the letters. Being against same sex marriage definitely makes you anti-LGB, at least. The TQ part is harder for me to pin down. I don't see myself as being anti-TQ, as I have no problem whatsoever with TQ folks living their lives however they see fit, but I admit that I do get twitchy at the social expectation that I'm supposed to praise them for it, so I imagine some of them *would* see me as anti-TQ.
    Name:  973E75FB-E948-4DF0-BCA4-5ABF11C9A032.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  36.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I couldn't care less about two same-sex individuals getting married. It in no way affects my marriage or family.

However, the gay people I know (as in real life, not virtually) don't want that. They want the government to sign off on, validate, and celebrate their lifestyle. Much in the same way gay couples have gone out of their way to find the one bakery that won't bake them cake, while passing by many that would.

It has devolved from equal rights to imposing one's will upon another.

Chris
    So if a bakery wouldn’t serve black people, Jews, or Catholics that would be ok? It’s not ok, and it’s not legal.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    So if a bakery wouldn’t serve black people, Jews, or Catholics that would be ok? It’s not ok, and it’s not legal.
    What ever happened to freedom of association? If a shopkeep wants to be a bigot and limit his business, let his competitors reap the rewards I say.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Name:  973E75FB-E948-4DF0-BCA4-5ABF11C9A032.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  36.9 KB
    That image is a simple, but very accurate, illustration of the underlying passive-aggressive tone that seems to pervade conversations (everywhere) these days whether they be on social media platforms or in person. The end-product is that offense is frequently taken where none is intended.

"Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply." ―Stephen R. Covey
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Beto O'Rourke: "Hell yes, we're going to take your" assault weapon

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    What ever happened to freedom of association? If a shopkeep wants to be a bigot and limit his business, let his competitors reap the rewards I say.
    Whoops I didn’t mean to click like on this.

Bigots can bigot in their private lives, but discrimination is not legal. Everyone gets to ride in the front of the bus.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-18-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Site Supporter
    That was not my point at all.

My point was that they went far out of their way (as in another city) to find a baker who would not bake their cake on religious grounds in order to make a court case out of it. It was not a matter of them going to the local bakery and being turned away. In fact, they apparently went business to business looking for the one that would turn them away. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the article the details the journey to the one bakery that refused their request.

Chris

Beto O'Rourke: "Hell yes, we're going to take your" assault weapon

That was not my point at all.

My point was that they went far out of their way (as in another city) to find a baker who would not bake their cake on religious grounds in order to make a court case out of it. It was not a matter of them going to the local bakery and being turned away. In fact, they apparently went business to business looking for the one that would turn them away. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the article the details the journey to the one bakery that refused their request.
    If there was a non-Jew serving bakery, I’d wait in line all day to get turned away. Then I’d sue the shit out of them.

If people can’t keep their bigotry to themselves, or at least out of the workplace, they’re living in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-18-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    The part I don't get is why anyone, identity politics not withstanding, would insist on having someone who openly admits to hating them, supply an item that they intend on digesting. And, do they long for the good old days when bigots would just spit in their food, charge them extra, and smile as they took their money?
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 10-18-2019 at 12:10 PM.

I couldn't care less about two same-sex individuals getting married. It in no way affects my marriage or family.

However, the gay people I know (as in real life, not virtually) don't want that. They want the government to sign off on, validate, and celebrate their lifestyle. Much in the same way gay couples have gone out of their way to find the one bakery that won't bake them cake, while passing by many that would.

It has devolved from equal rights to imposing one's will upon another.

Chris
    Just as you, I am happy to live and let live.

Those with opposing values/morals systems are welcome to theirs so long as the respect is mutual.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    If there was a non-Jew serving bakery, I’d wait in line all day to get turned away. Then I’d sue the shit out of them.
    Meh. If I were personally affected, I'd walk down the street to the next one that would take my money and let the other survive or not without my business.

Chris

User Tag List