Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Beto O'Rourke: "Hell yes, we're going to take your" assault weapon

"My AR is ready for you Robert Francis."

Gee, I just took it as he had it ready to be picked up. How could you construe cooperation as a threat?
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    The fact that all of the Dem hopefuls, in their rush to "out-Lefty" the others, have taken positions on other issues (healthcare, the BS climate agenda, redistribution of wealth, massive loan forgiveness, the economy, national/border security) that are likely to drive away voters who don't vote strictly on 2A grounds. Clearly, the Dems have not figured it out yet, but last night wasn't absolute "trainwreck" for them as they presented themselves in a way that could only appeal to a very narrow, radical portion of their base and one that is far too small to guarantee their success in the 2020 contest.

Not only do I hope that they keep doing this until next year, but I hope they intensify their positions even more so than they have. This is perfect.
    Yes, it is perfect. Even more potential swing voters will hold their noses and vote for Trump or not vote at all.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

This is not just Beto or Biden. Listen to the public cheering and screaming with approval. This is the core belief and agenda of the whole Democratic party. Remember that.
    Last edited by cheby; 09-13-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Did they say where they planned to look for a new job?
    Probably work as a Sheriffs Deputy in Colorado.

ETA: The discussion evolved to enforcement of unconstitutional orders, FWIW.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 09-13-2019 at 12:06 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    This is not just Beto or Biden. Listen to the public cheering and screaming with approval. This is the core belief and agenda of the whole Democratic party. Remember that.
    Yep, between the open calls for gun confiscation to the NY Times articles admiring Mao I'm torn between whether the Left's new openness is refreshing or terrifying as hell.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Yes, it is perfect. Even more potential swing voters will hold their noses and vote for Trump or not vote at all.

Okie John
    It's working. I didn't vote for either POTUS candidate last go round. I've been pretty vocal about not voting for the lesser of two evils. I guess the Democratic POTUS hopefuls took that as a challenge: "How can we get BBI to vote for Trump?"

I'm still of the opinion a split POTUS/House/Senate is best for all of us. I'd prefer to keep the loons in both parties in check as much as possible.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    It's working. I didn't vote for either POTUS candidate last go round. I've been pretty vocal about not voting for the lesser of two evils. I guess the Democratic POTUS hopefuls took that as a challenge: "How can we get BBI to vote for Trump?"
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

I'm still of the opinion a split POTUS/House/Senate is best for all of us. I'd prefer to keep the loons in both parties in check as much as possible.
    Right there with you. Didn't vote for either party last go round, but sure as hell will be voting for Trump if this continues.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Theoretically that is why the oath taken by US military and and federal government employees talks about upholding the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.

We don’t really know because prior gun bans have either had grandfather clauses like the 94 federal ban or been enforced through attrition as in CA and NY.

Forcible confiscation on a mass scale has not yet been tried. My guess is you would see similar distribution to that of the American revolution- 1/3 would support / enforce it, 1/3 would be in the middle / neutral and 1/3 would actively resist or refuse to enforce it. There would be regional variations.

Unlike Australia there is no central registry of firearms at the national level so identifying who bought banned guns is only step one. You would then have to prove they still have them and prove it to a judge per 4th amendment standards. Essentially logistics make it unenforceable unless you gutted the constitution and violated Posse Commitatus.
    Confiscation is out of the question. Even Beto knows that. 1) It would be challenged with 5A and 14A due process. 2) logistically impossible as you say much like rounding up all the illegals in this country and deporting them. Attorneys would have a field day with confiscation.

There would have to be a buy back and congress would have to appropriate the funds (which they won't) much like the WA legislature did in the bump stock buyback. Only after a buy back period could enforcement of possession begin.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Paul Howe wrote an article regarding confiscation in January of 2013, and it's usually the first thing that comes to mind when, "We're going to take them" is bandied about by people who wouldn't be kicking in the doors.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List