Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Beto O'Rourke: "Hell yes, we're going to take your" assault weapon

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    The democrats were the party of slavery and have now become the party of anti western and anti American sentiment.

Not all democrats are bad, some are liberal vs leftists. Yet the party is clearly anti traditional American values.

The Republicans are annoying and want too much government, but they are the only medicine available.
    “The party of slavery” line ignores that it was Democrats who pushed through landmark civil rights acts in the 1960s. Those acts pushed the segregationists out of the Democratic party into the GOP, who were welcomed with open arms by Nixon and his “southern strategy”.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    “The party of slavery” line ignores that it was Democrats who pushed through landmark civil rights acts in the 1960s. Those acts pushed the segregationists out of the Democratic party into the GOP, who were welcomed with open arms by Nixon and his “southern strategy”.
    With all due respect, the Democrats tried to filibuster the civil rights acts, especially Byrd, Gore Sr., and Fulbright. The only segregationist that I know of that went over to the GOP was Strom Thurmond; the rest died life long Democrats.
    Last edited by Guerrero; 09-13-2019 at 08:52 PM.

There's plenty of blame to go around. Do we really need to play this stupid blame game at this point, especially about the past?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

You first, would be my response/question.

“Candidates, many of you on stage have campaigned vigorously for banning “high capacity” magazines, AR 15s, and the like. Raise your hand if you will state that tonight, if elected president, you will forgo any Secret Service protection using any of the items mentioned.”

I hope Trump can hold it together long enough on a debate stage and ask whoever it is something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    There's plenty of blame to go around. Do we really need to play this stupid blame game at this point, especially about the past?
    Play the blame game...no, but sometimes clarification is necessary for everyone's benefit.

Robert Francis sure talks big for someone that ain't heeled.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    Robert Francis sure talks big for someone that ain't heeled.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter

Please, allow me to be the first:

NO.
    Last edited by 11B10; 09-13-2019 at 09:29 PM.

It’s absolutely pointless to talk about what parties have represented in the past. It is germane to talk about what they represent presently. The Democratic Party as a whole hasn’t made confiscation a plank yet, as they have with abortion. This is a step in that direction, but only a step. Wait and see. It’s important, because planks are definitive, and definitive things bring clarity to difficult choices.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Which Red Flag law would apply to this? Even a spelled out threat wouldn't, there's more prongs to the test then that. I'd also point out that threats of violence aren't really a 1st amendment issue. I've yet to see an Intimidation type law struck down on those grounds.
    I hear what you’re saying but I wrote felt threatened not actual threats of violence. You’re thinking rational and I’m thinking worst case scenario. A law that circumvents due process has a very high probably of abuse. Just my opinion.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List