Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Beto O'Rourke: "Hell yes, we're going to take your" assault weapon

Site Supporter
    @blues - I bet he carried Austin and San Antonio.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @blues - I bet he carried Austin and San Antonio.
    I know at least one guy in San Marcos, (between the two), that doesn't fit into that category.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I know at least one guy in San Marcos, (between the two), that doesn't fit into that category.
    And I'm sure he's got a lot of company. Political divisions seem to me to be more urban/non-urban than geographical.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22 View Post
    We have to keep control of the senate.

O'Rourke only lost the 2018 election in Texas for US Senate by about 2-1/2%.

Another seat is up for election in 2020 and candidates have until 9 December 2019 to file for election.

That's not quite three months away. I don't know if it is at all likely, but what if O'Rourke suddenly decided to run for the US Senate again?
    I'd be inclined to tell that he's likely to tire of "chasing the dream" soon, but then, look at someone like Biden running for POTUS the nth time (lost track of it myself and don't feel like counting) and on the edge senility. Some folks just don't "get the message" that they're not wanted.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I just can't understand any thinking, freedom loving individual in Texas or elsewhere in the United States either promoting or voting for this clown.

Perhaps his supporters should be subject to "red flag" voting restrictions.
    Maybe in the Texas of 2000, or even 2010 - but 2020, I’m not so sure. My TX relatives constantly bitch about how the state is changing.

This is dark, but... I’m glad I’m 57. I hope the country doesn’t completely go in the crapper before I’m wearing a diaper and chewing my soup, so 25 more years. And I’m not even a hardcore conservative - I’m a centrist.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I just can't understand any thinking, freedom loving individual in Texas or elsewhere in the United States either promoting or voting for this clown.

Perhaps his supporters should be subject to "red flag" voting restrictions.
    Unfortunately, it's because Texas continues to be the fastest growing state in the union. 28 almost 29 million in population now, from just over 20 million in 2000.

Most of those are from shitholes elsewhere in the country where they could no longer afford to live. So they moved to Texas and brought their shithole way of life with them. Since 2000, the way Texas has changed doesn't bring me a lot of hope. The 2008 Great Recession accelerated that decline. Texas was one of the few states with ample employment opportunities and relatively cheap living so people flocked to it and brought their stupid idiot politics with them.

It's not the same state I grew up in. And for now, gerrymandering is the only thing that is keeping it close. It's frustrating that this is what has to happen, but gerrymandering is the only thing keeping explosive urban growth from running roughshod over the legislation and turning Texas into California 2.0. They are trying really hard to do it though...I love Texas, but right now I hate about 30% of the people who live there (basically all the d-bags who have moved there since 2000 and especially since 2008).
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 09-18-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Unfortunately, it's because Texas continues to be the fastest growing state in the union. 28 almost 29 million in population now, from just over 20 million in 2000.

Most of those are from shitholes elsewhere in the country where they could no longer afford to live. So they moved to Texas and brought their shithole way of life with them. Since 2000, the way Texas has changed doesn't bring me a lot of hope. The 2008 Great Recession accelerated that decline. Texas was one of the few states with ample employment opportunities and relatively cheap living so people flocked to it and brought their stupid idiot politics with them.

It's not the same state I grew up in. And for now, gerrymandering is the only thing that is keeping it close. It's frustrating that this is what has to happen, but gerrymandering is the only thing keeping explosive urban growth from running roughshod over the legislation and turning Texas into California 2.0. They are trying really hard to do it though...I love Texas, but right now I hate about 30% of the people who live there (basically all the d-bags who have moved there since 2000 and especially since 2008).
    My comment was intended as somewhat rhetorical in nature. We all know what has happened in Texas, as elsewhere.

Nothing new here though I don't necessarily agree with characterizing everyone with a different point of view as douchebags...nor other locales as (necessarily) being shitholes.

Nothing new here though I don't necessarily agree with characterizing everyone with a different point of view as douchebags...nor other locales as (necessarily) being shitholes.
    Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree, Blues.

People are moving to and ruining my home. My family has lived in Texas for seven generations. I have a framed copy of the Texas Declaration of Independence hanging in my living room. The only things I love more than Texas are my wife and family. People who move to Texas and seek to make it "more like where we came from" - are only seeking to destroy the tradition and independence of Texas. I have no use for them, their politics, their ideals, or anything else. They are actively seeking to undermine Texans' long tradition of independence and free thinking through wholesale cultural displacement.

You'll forgive me if I don't have nice things to say about folks who are working to destroy my home and turn it into something else. It's not exactly my nature to be charitable to people who are actively or even tacitly working to destroy someone's home.

Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree, Blues.

People are moving to and ruining my home. My family has lived in Texas for seven generations. I have a framed copy of the Texas Declaration of Independence hanging in my living room. The only things I love more than Texas are my wife and family. People who move to Texas and seek to make it "more like where we came from" - are only seeking to destroy the tradition and independence of Texas. I have no use for them, their politics, their ideals, or anything else. They are actively seeking to undermine Texans' long tradition of independence and free thinking through wholesale cultural displacement.

You'll forgive me if I don't have nice things to say about folks who are working to destroy my home and turn it into something else. It's not exactly my nature to be charitable to people who are actively or even tacitly working to destroy someone's home.
    You could have left it at "agree to disagree" without the soliloquy.

I feel your pain dude, being born and raised in WA state.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List