Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Beto O'Rourke: "Hell yes, we're going to take your" assault weapon

Site Supporter

Beto O'Rourke: "Hell yes, we're going to take your" assault weapon

Tell me again how no one is coming for your guns....

Beto O'Rourke gets debate moment: "Hell yes, we're going to take your" assault weapons

https://www.ksat.com/news/politics/b...ssault-weapons

Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke gave an unapologetic defense Thursday night of his proposed mandatory buyback program for assault weapons, delivering one of the standout moments at the third primary debate here.

"Hell yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47," the former El Paso congressman said. "We're not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore."
    O'Rourke's campaign moved quickly to capitalize on his more distinct comments from the debate, and within minutes began selling a T-shirt featuring his "hell yes" quote. The campaign also overhauled his website to feature a graphic calling Trump a white supremacist. The campaign put another graphic on Twitter, this one showing an assault rifle and offering a spin on rival Elizabeth Warren's slogan that she has a "plan for that."

Beto has a ban for that," the graphic said.

Such a proposal is deeply unpopular among conservatives and Second Amendment advocates, however. In a post on Twitter that generated immediate pushback after the debate, state Rep. Briscoe Cain, R-Deer Park, shared O'Rourke's quote with a threatening message using O'Rourke's given name: "My AR is ready for you Robert Francis."

O'Rourke responded soon after: "This is a death threat, Representative. Clearly, you shouldn't own an AR-15—and neither should anyone else."
    Name:  7323FC57-8E63-4BF4-96CE-20E283F851F9.jpg
Views: 1649
Size:  30.0 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 09-13-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Beto's desperate. Is he going to personally buy them all?

Great sound bite but he won't make the cut.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-13-2019 at 09:02 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Transparency is a good thing. All those who strive to serve should try it.

There's no "we're" in Beto's remarks. He ain't gonna do diddly. He's just another effete, apologetic, smarmy empty suit.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Transparency is a good thing. All those who strive to serve should try it.
    Name:  C6E6E169-C032-422C-BDEE-AEBFCE7D5DD1.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  69.5 KB

Beta isn’t equipped to take a water gun by force.....

Site Supporter
    I'm viscerally triggered every time I see a Beto sticker on a car, or worse, a Beto sign in a front yard. And, unfortunately, there are many.

My internal dialog : "Not even in Texas am I safe from this stupidity" <face-palm >
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 09-13-2019 at 09:25 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Well...I mean if you lost a senate election to a guy with the charisma of a dead fish...you might as well go all in on your bid for president.

Somebody stick a fork in Beto, he's done.

Texas Lawmaker Issues Death Threat to Beto O’Rourke After Debate Pledge to Take Away Assault-Style Weapons
    It seemed inevitable that O’Rourke’s call to ban ownership of military-style weapons would rile up the guns=distilled liberty true believers online, but it was, perhaps predictably, an elected Republican official—from the state of Texas no less—that led the way over the cliff. Texas state Rep. Briscoe Cain tweeted a not-so-thinly veiled threat at the presidential contender, tweeting “My AR is ready for you Robert Francis,” calling O’Rourke, whose nickname is Beto, by his first and middle names.
    The O’Rourke campaign said it reported the 34-year-old state rep’s tweet to the FBI. Twitter took down the tweet saying it had violated its terms of service. “It violates our rules for threats of violence,” a company spokesperson said late Thursday night. “You may not threaten violence against an individual or a group of people.”
    This is exactly why red flag laws are so dangerous. It's not just about the taking away 2nd amendment rights it's a thinly veiled strategy to also take away 1st amendment rights. It won't matter if you are a gun owner or not. If you say or write something that someone finds "threatening" you will be reported and you will be detained until you can prove that you are not a threat 14th Amendment be damned.

I'm honestly more scared of the proposed red flag laws than I am the proposed "assault" weapon bans.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No secret that confiscation is the end-goal for those folks and O'Rourke had to say something theatrical to stay relevant.

This may actually end up being a good thing, because when liberals insist, "We don't want to take your ____", we have a convenient sound bite on file.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List