Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 145 CEOs implore Congress to take action on gun legislation

145 CEOs implore Congress to take action on gun legislation

I am sick and tired of this shit. Not a fucking word on socioeconomic causes of gun violence, no one gives a fuck about the devastation that the "Great Society" has wrought upon this country, Walmart can't be bothered to give people full time jobs because of the cost, but DAMN they are virtue signaling!

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...tories-12.html
    #RESIST

It's only gonna get worse.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Rubio on Red Flag laws:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/12/o...o-gun-law.html

Red Flag Laws and UBC have major support across the country. The gun world counter arguments are ineffective and many in the gun world don't agree with them. They are onboard with such laws. Look at Dan Patrick in TX on UBCs. Now folks are calling him a Leftist when he is known as a conservative. Shows the lack of intellectual depth in responding to the validity of the laws. Just tantrums.

The bigger battle are the AWB enhanced laws. Better come up with better defenses for the guns and mags then tantrums about leftists wanting to 'control' you. Unfortunately, that's all that seems to be out there lately.

Well at least that makes me feel better about my impulse buy of 2 cases of 5.56... Now for more mags...

The article is blocked by a pay wall. Sorry will not pay NYT.

The premise that those oppose unconstitional red flag laws and universal registration aka universal background checks only offer "tantrums" is intellectually dishonest and weak.
    Many well thought out and presented arguments showing that red flag laws are unconstitutional violations of at least the 1st 2nd 4th 5th 6th 10th 14th amendments are made but never discussed in the PR machine msm.

Universally background checks H.R. 8 are very restrictive and cannot be enforced without a registry.

What can be proposed.

Eliminate gun free zones, have plain clothes armed security at public schools.

Mental health. Not gun laws. Evidence based review of treatment protocols. Use only effective ones.

Enforce existing laws . If someone makes threats file criminal complaint. Use due process.

But these do not get media play. Politicians do not advocate them.
    Yet accuse gun rights individual as having "tantrums" etc.

Watch unhinged left and compare to gun rights individual if ever presented in the media.
    Who is having the tantrum?

I have no need for any of the companies represented by those CEO's. I did however notice Mr. JJ Abrams of Bad Robot on that list. He's made a few bucks producing television shows and movies that put gun violence front and center on your viewing device of choice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Rubio on Red Flag laws:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/12/o...o-gun-law.html

Red Flag Laws and UBC have major support across the country. The gun world counter arguments are ineffective and many in the gun world don't agree with them. They are onboard with such laws. Look at Dan Patrick in TX on UBCs. Now folks are calling him a Leftist when he is known as a conservative. Shows the lack of intellectual depth in responding to the validity of the laws. Just tantrums.

The bigger battle are the AWB enhanced laws. Better come up with better defenses for the guns and mags then tantrums about leftists wanting to 'control' you. Unfortunately, that's all that seems to be out there lately.
    Dan Patrick is talk show host, and a piece of shit as a human being. I called that one a long time ago.

I bet 145 ceos would struggle to take guns away from those already prohibited.

So take your good intentions to cook county and disarm those guys - then get back to me.

Or don’t. Because your words are wasted on me. There’s no compromise when one side gets nothing

The universal background check is coming, sooner rather than later I’m afraid. I’m more worried about how it’s implemented. I wouldn’t have a problem with it if the red light/green light type check could be made by any individual with a simple phone call/internet inquiry. But I don’t want to see all transfers be mandated to be completed by an FFL. I’m also worried about it being a stepping stone to Background checks being required for ammo purchases and/or a national registration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instead of mostly stagnant anger, howsabout the gun community tries reaching out to these misguided executives.

If they’ve never shot a gun, take them to the range. They need to be educated on the items they’re trying to regulate, otherwise their opinions are invalid.

Afterwards, or if they have more than a media-presented knowledge of firearms, take them to meet individuals who have successfully defended themselves with firearms. Bonus points if you can find citizens who have had occasion to defend their home with one of those “scary black rifles”. Make them look these ordinary folks in the eyes and listen to their stories about how their access to firearms saved them. Then see if they can stand to look those folks in the eyes and tell them they don’t need a particular firearm and should instead rely on police. I know some of them will still lecture, but we might reach a few of them.

We (the gun community in general) really REALLY need to get better about educating these ignorant individuals on the faults in their reasoning. It might also be amusing to turn some of their “logic” against them: If you’re not a member of “X” group, you don’t get a say so.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List