Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 145 CEOs implore Congress to take action on gun legislation

The only company on that list that gives me pause is Eventbrite. How long will it be before they start kicking firearms instructors off of their platform?

My fear of the above is why I have been keeping my eye on other options and have even approached a few people about developing other platforms.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    The only company on that list that gives me pause is Eventbrite. How long will it be before they start kicking firearms instructors off of their platform?

My fear of the above is why I have been keeping my eye on other options and have even approached a few people about developing other platforms.
    Perhaps a better question is why would firearms instructors elect to use anti-gun platforms such as eventbrite? Anyone operating a gun related business needs to be transitioning to open source solutions where it's much harder for someone to shut you down.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    Anyone operating a gun related business needs to be transitioning to open source solutions where it's much harder for someone to shut you down.
    Such as?

Chris

I was thinking this list is a good boycott list but honestly, I’ve never used 140 of those companies anyway.

This sad list is being hyped up by MediaWhores because they think guns are icky.
    Last edited by Greg; 09-12-2019 at 01:21 PM.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Perhaps a better question is why would firearms instructors elect to use anti-gun platforms such as eventbrite? Anyone operating a gun related business needs to be transitioning to open source solutions where it's much harder for someone to shut you down.
    Many of us were using Eventbrite long before this list. I just presumed that eventually activist would pressure them to not allow their service for firearms trainers which is exactly why I began approaching developers for other platform options.

I'll start another thread dedicated to this specific discussion.
    Last edited by jlw; 09-12-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I've only heard of a handful of these companies, and even fewer of the CEO's. Yawn. I may be using some of the software stuff and not know it though.

Reddit's on there. Reddit has a huge gun community.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Such as?

Chris
    I'd rather keep the specifics out of search results to protect the innocent from the wrath of SJW's who may stumble upon this. I'll start a thread in the coterie club soon to continue this discussion.

I'd rather keep the specifics out of search results to protect the innocent from the wrath of SJW's who may stumble upon this. I'll start a thread in the coterie club soon to continue this discussion.
    So, you are going to offer righteous indignation but no solution to the moral dilemma at hand?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    So, you are going to offer righteous indignation but no solution to the moral dilemma at hand?
    The Coterie Club is a specific section of this forum that's isn't able to be index searched and is available to site supporters. There's frequently discussions there that, while not secret, are better held in a way that's not going to pop up on a casual Google search.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by OttoLoader View Post
    The article is blocked by a pay wall. Sorry will not pay NYT.

The premise that those oppose unconstitional red flag laws and universal registration aka universal background checks only offer "tantrums" is intellectually dishonest and weak.
    Many well thought out and presented arguments showing that red flag laws are unconstitutional violations of at least the 1st 2nd 4th 5th 6th 10th 14th amendments are made but never discussed in the PR machine msm.

Universally background checks H.R. 8 are very restrictive and cannot be enforced without a registry.

What can be proposed.

Eliminate gun free zones, have plain clothes armed security at public schools.

Mental health. Not gun laws. Evidence based review of treatment protocols. Use only effective ones.

Enforce existing laws . If someone makes threats file criminal complaint. Use due process.

But these do not get media play. Politicians do not advocate them.
    Yet accuse gun rights individual as having "tantrums" etc.

Watch unhinged left and compare to gun rights individual if ever presented in the media.
    Who is having the tantrum?
    17 states and the District of Columbia have enacted some form of red flag laws. That should provide ample opportunity for the constitutionality to be challenged. I’m not convinced that even a conservative-leaning SCOTUS is going to strike down a well written red flag law as unconstitutional.

I foresee the universal background check compromise being that all gun sales go through an FFL with the possible exception of transfers between members of the same family or household.

I think that we are still at least 3 or 4 more mass shootings away from AWB or high-capacity magazine bans becoming a threat.
    Last edited by Sensei; 09-12-2019 at 02:39 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List