Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not really sure what I have

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Quite possible, but it would take a whole lot of folks lying and keeping the story together.
    Back Story: My Stepson built and operated his own indoor archery range and pro shop. It was really high end in a custom, one off kind of way. He had various makers of custom gear selling in his shop. The knife maker he knew personally from many decades of hunting with his "real" Dad. The knife maker was from some Southern/Southeastern state, or so the story goes.
    I certainly could be wrong. I just figure most folks forging and finishing a damascus knife will put their mark on it. Or if they bought some Damascus billets from someone else’s forge and did the grinding, they’d mark it. Neither are small feats so the makers want others to know who made it. There’s not much point in a sterile custom knife, though I’m sure one exists somewhere.

If your stepson is still alive, you can ask him the name of the knife maker.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    I certainly could be wrong. I just figure most folks forging and finishing a damascus knife will put their mark on it. Or if they bought some Damascus billets from someone else’s forge and did the grinding, they’d mark it. Neither are small feats so the makers want others to know who made it. There’s not much point in a sterile custom knife, though I’m sure one exists somewhere.

If your stepson is still alive, you can ask him the name of the knife maker.
    Mystery solved. https://www.schultzcustomknives.com/
    I was close, Arkansas.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Mystery solved. https://www.schultzcustomknives.com/
    I was close, Arkansas.
    And he learned while he was living in GA. Sounds like your recollection is just fine.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    And he learned while he was living in GA. Sounds like your recollection is just fine.
    I got lucky, you know, old and shit. Now where did I put those truck keys??
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List