Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not really sure what I have

Not really sure what I have

Paging @blues and any other blade guy who want's to chime in.
    Backstory: This knife was gift to me 7 or 8 years ago, if I remember correctly, some dude in the S/SE part of the country made it.
    I misplaced it soon after it was given to me, but just recently found it again. There is no makers mark that I can find on it.
    So, my question is, what is this blade design good for? My edc fixed is an Al Mar, Mini SERE Operator, and I don't see it getting replaced any time soon..
    So, practical usage and care and feeding instructions would be great. I'm not really a blade guy, but I'm trying to see what boxes this knife checks, and where it fits into my life.
    Thank you for any and all help.
    Name:  k1.JPG
Views: 685
Size:  80.4 KB
    Name:  k2.JPG
Views: 634
Size:  94.3 KB
    Name:  k3.JPG
Views: 671
Size:  93.1 KB
    Name:  k4.JPG
Views: 657
Size:  99.2 KB
    "And for a regular dude I知 maybe okay...but what I learned is if there痴 a door, I知 going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

I don't know who the maker is but it appears to be pattern welded, (damascus or cable) steel...so most likely a mild carbon steel and something with a higher carbon content.

Care and feeding is easy. Just keep it oiled, mineral oil is fine, and use the same on the wood handle. No need for a great deal of fuss.

The drop point blade is a jack of all trades and can be used for virtually any activity, indoors or outdoors.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

^^^Thank you sir. I rather kind of like it, and it is sharp as you know what. Seems like it might be an easy blade to live with.
    "And for a regular dude I知 maybe okay...but what I learned is if there痴 a door, I知 going out it not in it"-Duke

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    ^^^Thank you sir. I rather kind of like it, and it is sharp as you know what. Seems like it might be an easy blade to live with.
    Anytime, brother. Hit me up if I can be of further assistance, either in the thread or via PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Thats a really nice looking and practical knife

That's a really useful shaped blade. does it have a sheath?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    It does. Kydex, with a removable belt loop. Should be able to put an M-lock on it if the hole spacing lines up. Will post it when I get home later.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Here is the sheath.
    Name:  sheath 1.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  52.1 KB
    Name:  sheath 2.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  56.0 KB
    Name:  sheath 3.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  43.3 KB

No makers mark on a damascus knife makes me think imported, possibly from Pakistan. Maybe a kit knife.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    No makers mark on a damascus knife makes me think imported, possibly from Pakistan. Maybe a kit knife.
    Quite possible, but it would take a whole lot of folks lying and keeping the story together.
    Back Story: My Stepson built and operated his own indoor archery range and pro shop. It was really high end in a custom, one off kind of way. He had various makers of custom gear selling in his shop. The knife maker he knew personally from many decades of hunting with his "real" Dad. The knife maker was from some Southern/Southeastern state, or so the story goes.

User Tag List