Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: P320 issue in PA

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDenton View Post
    Could you be more specific? I’ve seen nothing in this thread as concrete as two separate investigations by the PPD’s Officer Involved Shooting Investigation, and Firearms Forensic Units both determining the gun in question to be in perfect functioning order.
    That's what is being reported. Just as the SEPTA cop reporting his P320 discharged without manipulation. Then SIG pulls a weird flex that isn't very tactful. Taking any of these at face value doesn't make sense.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Further, it has been determined that SIG SAUER responded quickly and comprehensively to a matter that focused on the negligent handling of a firearm — not a problem with the design or function of the pistol, which has always exceeded all safety standards.

Bravura use of the passive voice.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

P320 issue in PA

https://www.wjbf.com/top-stories/sc-...urant-restroom

Incident was pre-upgrade, apparently
    Last edited by s0nspark; 09-18-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    https://www.wjbf.com/top-stories/sc-...urant-restroom

Incident was pre-upgrade, apparently
    Not defending Sig, or their handling of the drop safety issue, but word is that this guy was "Mexican Carrying" his 320. It spontaneously discharged when he shoved it into his pants. Unfortunately, they've made themselves a target for these claims. Who knows what happened in the SEPTA incident....but the Sig guys were pretty confident that the gun didn't just go off. Hard to know, cause the company did "shoot themselves in the foot" metaphorically speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Not defending Sig, or their handling of the drop safety issue, but word is that this guy was "Mexican Carrying" his 320. It spontaneously discharged when he shoved it into his pants. Unfortunately, they've made themselves a target for these claims. Who knows what happened in the SEPTA incident....but the Sig guys were pretty confident that the gun didn't just go off. Hard to know, cause the company did "shoot themselves in the foot" metaphorically speaking.
    I must admit, my first reaction to anyone saying "the gun just went off" is... Naw, it don't work like that.

If this guy was carrying without a holster? Just goes to show that training - even a lot of it - can bounce right off some people.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDenton View Post
    Huh, so they impulsively sold all 350 guns before they closed their investigation into the incident, just for their forensic department to conclude that the weapon was in perfect function?

This sounds like a problem with the department, not the gun.
    I wonder if they were already pissed about the fact that they had to send the guns back during the "voluntary upgrade" and they were just looking for an excuse to justify dumping them. It could also be that the person/people that were the driving force behind adopting them moved on, whether that was a chief or firearms instructors or whoever. I'm no sig fan and would much prefer to carry a Glock but even then, their reaction seems a bit hasty.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I think the frustrating thing about these incidents is we never really get to the bottom of them.
    The public doesn't, and the rank-and-file officer doesn't. That's by design.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I have absolutely no idea what happened. I am confident, that if 320 pistols are firing themselves, this won’t be the only one.

The speed of this investigation seems reminiscent of one of Putin’s aircraft accident investigations, where he issues a probable cause before the fire is fully extinguished at the accident site.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Man sues weapons manufacturer for $10M after gun allegedly discharges

A lawsuit has been filed against a firearms manufacturer after a Horry County man claims his handgun discharged and the bullet hit him in the leg while at a Grand Strand Chick-fil-A.

https://www.live5news.com/2019/09/17...g-chick-fil-a/

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    I wonder if they were already pissed about the fact that they had to send the guns back during the "voluntary upgrade" and they were just looking for an excuse to justify dumping them.
    That's my thought as well (because that's how I personally view the four P320's I have sitting on the very back shelf of my back room safe).
    I should have known better after getting three different "classics" (P229's and a M11A1) that all required wildly different custom Dawson front sights to be even close to zero to stay away from newish Sigs...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List