Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 issue in PA

Glock played the “not a recall” of their pistols in the early 90s just like Sig. After issues arose Glock suggested you send in your pistol to the factory to be looked at, and then it was shipped back with nice shiny new upgraded parts. It however was not a recall. I am aware of 3 pistols in my area that were affected. Two of them would go auto, 1 was my brand new G22 the other was a brand new G17. I am somewhat skeptical of the event in the article, but shit happens and Sig needs to address it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    It does bring the count to at least 3...
    Well, definitely more than 3.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...oubled-history

It will be interesting to see if the duty holster used is a common factor.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Site Supporter
    Does anyone know of any drop testing done on a P365?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven T View Post
    Glock played the “not a recall” of their pistols in the early 90s just like Sig. After issues arose Glock suggested you send in your pistol to the factory to be looked at, and then it was shipped back with nice shiny new upgraded parts. It however was not a recall. I am aware of 3 pistols in my area that were affected. Two of them would go auto, 1 was my brand new G22 the other was a brand new G17. I am somewhat skeptical of the event in the article, but shit happens and Sig needs to address it ASAP.

Releasing a pistol with such an issue is unacceptable, but did glock, when the issue was discovered, ignore the report and continue to sell unsafe pistols, then when word got out, did they blame the user for the problem?

Because thats what sig did. A design screw up is one thing. Apathy towards your customers is another.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Seems unlikely that a tight holster fit would cause a pistol to fire. I would think the trigger guard would create enough space to keep this from happening.

But to paraphrase Langdon striker guns set up like SA guns without safeties is just asking for trouble.
    This.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Drops are not the only impact that can set off a striker gun that is not 100% drop safe. One of the PDs In MD had an FNS go off in a duty holster when the officer wearing it bumped the gun into a steel door frame.
    People on PAFOA local to Philly are saying that SPDs P320s had the drop-safety upgrade.

Does that make a difference in your assessment that this is just another instance of a known issue?

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Glock: only going bang when you pull the trigger since 1982.

Busch said SEPTA made an emergency purchase of 350 new Glock 17s and holsters to replace the P320s.

He said the transit agency chose the Glock because the model is known to be safe and reliable, and manufacturers can produce the firearm quickly.
    To be fair, Glock has a history of releasing pistols on the market without much testing and letting the end-user be the beta tester. A very strong history of such, moreso than any other manufacturer.

The drop-safety issue mentioned by HCM, the "phase III malfunction" issue, the Gen 4 issue, the WML issue are what I can think of off the top of my head.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Good move on whomever decided to quickly and decisively move to another pistol before another incident that could be tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Does anyone know of any drop testing done on a P365?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mine fell out of my locker onto the concrete floor. Right on the back of the slide at the "magic" impact angle. No boom.

Do we know exactly what happened and what the theory is as to why it happened? There are a lot of 320 pistols out there in military, LE and individual use, and if they were going off in the holster, we would know that pretty quickly.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Article stated it was upgraded.

Article also reads like a Glock ad[emoji41]
    Major propaganda war between Glock and Sig right now. It's the gun world of Democrats vs Republicans.

User Tag List