Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 issue in PA

reading the article it appears this isnt a lone case.. uh wtf

What holsters? Iirc the last thread about sigs going off involved one of those safariland wml holsters you can squeeze your finger onto the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    reading the article it appears this isnt a lone case.. uh wtf
    The person saying is wasn’t an isolated case is a plaintiff’s lawyer with a lawsuit against Sig — hardly an unbiased source.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The person saying is wasn’t an isolated case is a plaintiff’s lawyer with a lawsuit against Sig — hardly an unbiased source.
    It does bring the count to at least 3...

I must say - it is unsettling enough to worry about a gun not being drop safe. Feeling like you can't trust holstered gun not to fire elevates that to a whole new level.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The first question is - was it and upgraded or post upgrade gun ?

If not - it’s just another example of a known issue.
    Article stated it was upgraded.

Article also reads like a Glock ad[emoji41]

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    It does bring the count to at least 3...

I must say - it is unsettling enough to worry about a gun not being drop safe. Feeling like you can't trust holstered gun not to fire elevates that to a whole new level.
    It depends on why the gun fired. Something about the holster design, something that got into the trigger guard, or a spontaneous discharge?

This is a thread from SigForum on an X Compact that fired in the holster, apparently because of a fit issue.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...5/m/1160027954
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Seems unlikely that a tight holster fit would cause a pistol to fire. I would think the trigger guard would create enough space to keep this from happening.

But to paraphrase Langdon striker guns set up like SA guns without safeties is just asking for trouble.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Is it a known issue, though? I only knew of the drop safety issue, not the gun-randomly-goes-boom issue.
    Drops are not the only impact that can set off a striker gun that is not 100% drop safe. One of the PDs In MD had an FNS go off in a duty holster when the officer wearing it bumped the gun into a steel door frame.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Glock: only going bang when you pull the trigger since 1982.

Busch said SEPTA made an emergency purchase of 350 new Glock 17s and holsters to replace the P320s.

He said the transit agency chose the Glock because the model is known to be safe and reliable, and manufacturers can produce the firearm quickly.
    Yeah... no.

I carry a personal Glock on duty in lieu of a 320 but perfection they are not.

Glock has been around for 40 years. In 1990 or 1991, DEA testing revealed that the original Glocks with the black internals were not drop safe.

Glock’s response was an upgrade program in lieu of a recall. Sound familiar ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Glock’s response was an upgrade program in lieu of a recall. Sound familiar ?
    Upgrade versus recall is largely PR semantics. The important part is taking ownership of the problem and making it right IMO..

The thing that bothers me about Sig, though, is that they acknowledged and corrected for the drop safee issue for the military but continued to sell the original design to consumer and LEO markets.

I'm sure it was a business decision based on their risk analysis but I still find it extremely distasteful. One of many reasons the P320 was the last product from them I'll ever own.
    "A man's character is his fate."

User Tag List