Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: P320 issue in PA

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    A lawsuit has been filed against a firearms manufacturer after a Horry County man claims his handgun discharged and the bullet hit him in the leg while at a Grand Strand Chick-fil-A.

https://www.live5news.com/2019/09/17...g-chick-fil-a/
    I think Sig should offer to settle the lawsuit by offering him a free holster.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

A lawsuit has been filed against a firearms manufacturer after a Horry County man claims his handgun discharged and the bullet hit him in the leg while at a Grand Strand Chick-fil-A.

From the Criminal Complaint:
    25. For example, the San Francisco Police Department, which issued Sig Sauer P320s as its primary sidearm, reported 29 accidental discharges between 2005 and 2011.

Um, last I checked the P320 wasn't available until 2014. I'm seeing all kinds of inconsistencies and problems with this document. Unfortunately for Sig, the fact that they made the modification a "voluntary upgrade" instead of a recall made them a target for all kinds of law suits whether real, or greedy ambulance chasers. If this guy was carrying a chambered, striker fired pistol Mexican style with no proper holster to guard the trigger, then he was a Darwin Award waiting to happen.

At first I thought this dude was going to make some bank because Chick-Fil-A has some damn good hi-def cameras in their restaurants.
    Then I saw it happened in the restroom.
    Yea...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    To me this would be even more damning of Sigs QC.
    Not only did it slip past QC on initial manufacturing, it also slipped past QC when "upgraded".

I hope for the people carrying Sigs sake this was operator error.
    Just to be clear, my reference to tolerance stacking was not a reference to Sig but the early S&W autos.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    At first I thought this dude was going to make some bank because Chick-Fil-A has some damn good hi-def cameras in their restaurants.
    Then I saw it happened in the restroom.
    Yea...
    Hopefully the dark web has that video...........😜🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think Sig should offer to settle the lawsuit by offering him a free holster.
    I think Cohen should personally call him and explain that the 320 is the safest gun around because it doesn't need to be dry fired to be field stripped.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbraith View Post
    From the Criminal Complaint:
    25. For example, the San Francisco Police Department, which issued Sig Sauer P320s as its primary sidearm, reported 29 accidental discharges between 2005 and 2011.

Um, last I checked the P320 wasn't available until 2014. I'm seeing all kinds of inconsistencies and problems with this document. Unfortunately for Sig, the fact that they made the modification a "voluntary upgrade" instead of a recall made them a target for all kinds of law suits whether real, or greedy ambulance chasers. If this guy was carrying a chambered, striker fired pistol Mexican style with no proper holster to guard the trigger, then he was a Darwin Award waiting to happen.
    This guys lawyer has not done his due diligence. Paragraph 25 is flat out false. No such negligent discharge report exists, and the SFPD has never issued the P320. Might some time in the future, but right now the only issued/authorized weapon is the Sig P226R .40 S&W. The dumb is strong here.....starting to believe the story of a Mexican Carry Kaboom.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    This guys lawyer has not done his due diligence. Paragraph 25 is flat out false. No such negligent discharge report exists, and the SFPD has never issued the P320. Might some time in the future, but right now the only issued/authorized weapon is the Sig P226R .40 S&W. The dumb is strong here.....starting to believe the story of a Mexican Carry Kaboom.
    I'm not a lawyer, but if I was, I'm thinking I wouldn't want to call out that particular mistake until/unless it went to trial...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Anyone have any updates on this?

The latest lawsuit thread reminded me of this older one. Here's one update:

https://www.phillytrib.com/news/loca...39032cd8a.html

Anyone have anything further?
    Last edited by Tokarev; 07-18-2020 at 02:26 PM.

User Tag List