Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 issue in PA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do we know exactly what happened and what the theory is as to why it happened? There are a lot of 320 pistols out there in military, LE and individual use, and if they were going off in the holster, we would know that pretty quickly.
    Nothing public about the in holster ND involving the FL SRO. I’m hearing That one did not “just go off” as originally reported.

I find myself wanting a tab’ed trigger for my 320. It seems like an easy, cheap addition. And as has been mentioned on this forum before, Sig makes one, but won’t sell it...

Seems like a reasonable fix for things like the tight holster fit mentioned above. Even if the holster can put tension on the outer edge of the trigger, the tab would prevent movement.

This is one of those $1.78 cost per gun that Sig should really offer as an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I'm not siding or bashing either Sig or Glock in any way, but Glocks had their fair of issues when they were first released. Even to the point of setting up a machining facility at the NYPD to rectify phase 3 malfunctions, IE re cutting ejection port angles. The point is Glock has been around for over 30 years and has had more time to work out the bugs for the most part.

The 320 has only been around roughly 4 years. They have had and will have growing pains like all the others. Sig is going down the same road Glock did. Won some major contracts, and are pushing products out without sufficient testing, and I don't mean the industry standard stuff.

In this day and time, especially if they are going after Mil or LE contracts, manufacturers should have their guns trial run in real world scenarios up to and including what you would think could never happen. Example is Glocks being thrown off buildings and out of planes, silly as that seems, tests like that can produce issue that can be evaluated and fixed if deemed a serious enough problem. Then you don't have guns going off when dropped, or guns jamming under multi fire situations, IE a gunfight.

If you would have drug a P320 behind a truck for a mile down a gravel road, do you think the drop fire issue may have been found prior to release? More than once I have seen pistols come out of holsters during foot chases, and not just hit the ground at one angle and stop. Quite often they bounce around all over at multiple angles until they come to rest. Throwing a 320 around like that might have also found the drop flaw.

Using voluntary upgrades, and/or recalls if a serious enough problem comes up, to iron out those issues. This is the world of big business, unfortunately in gun manufacturing, flaws can equate to serious liabilities.

As I have said before, I still carry Glocks almost exclusively on and off duty, because of their history and track record, not because they are better than everything else. I trust the Glock pistol design 100% to function as the design is proven. I know anything can fail, but the base design has proven itself utterly reliable aside from a faulty part that may enter the equation . I also own several 320's and like the platform quite a bit. As it ages, it will mature into a solid firearm and I have no doubt and will continue to do well.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 09-12-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Galbraith View Post
    Major propaganda war between Glock and Sig right now. It's the gun world of Democrats vs Republicans.
    But... Which is which?

Nevermind - I know who makes the rainbow guns [emoji38]
    "A man's character is his fate."

P320 issue in PA

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I also own several 320's and like the platform quite a bit. As it ages, it will mature into a solid firearm and I have no doubt and will continue to do well.
    I certainly think the contracts they have won put them on the path...

I just wish company leadership would focus on better QC and more extensive testing ... and less on "fashionable" aesthetics to woo new or casual gun owners.
    Last edited by s0nspark; 09-12-2019 at 10:01 AM.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by Zman001 View Post
    Releasing a pistol with such an issue is unacceptable, but did glock, when the issue was discovered, ignore the report and continue to sell unsafe pistols, then when word got out, did they blame the user for the problem?

Because thats what sig did. A design screw up is one thing. Apathy towards your customers is another.
    I can’t say exactly how long it was time wise, as there wasn’t almost instantaneous information available like today. Glock never called it a recall but eventually advertised in the gun magazines as a safety upgrade. I do know that when I spoke with Glock on the phone that I wasn’t informed of the known issue. Just we suggest you send it in, it wasn’t until later that I learned what the issue was. So yeah I kinda of feel like that is what happened. I own several Glocks so I’m not bashing them, just pointing out that they aren’t innocent. I think most firearms companies have done the same in recent years.
    Last edited by Steven T; 09-12-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Nothing public about the in holster ND involving the FL SRO. I’m hearing That one did not “just go off” as originally reported.
    This is what we were told as well. We were also told that the investigation was complete and the involved deputy would be terminated within the week. None of that has come to pass.....I'm gonna have some pointed questions for our new rep and the higher ups when I see them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Does anyone know of any drop testing done on a P365?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Found this answer to my question. Apparently Sig now uses an extensive drop test procedure for new pistols including the P365 but is not applying it to pre-existing designs.

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/01/08...ig-sauer-p365/

Been a while since we had some red meat for the sig haters here to feast on.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I find myself wanting a tab’ed trigger for my 320. It seems like an easy, cheap addition. And as has been mentioned on this forum before, Sig makes one, but won’t sell it...

Seems like a reasonable fix for things like the tight holster fit mentioned above. Even if the holster can put tension on the outer edge of the trigger, the tab would prevent movement.

This is one of those $1.78 cost per gun that Sig should really offer as an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Tight holster fit might be a collateral benefit but just to clarify, tabbed triggers are an inertia / drop safety not a “manual safety on the trigger.”

User Tag List