Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 issue in PA

I'll know what happened when they release the video. Until then, it's not data.

School Resource Officer had his ALS holstered firearm with WML go off when he was in the school and a kid got his finger down in the gap in the holster and triggered the gun.
    Last edited by Sammy1; 09-15-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    Thanks for the link. Seems we still don't know what’s up with this incident. Some creative history in the SIG statement, though.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

And the same company that stated the P320 met all drop safety requirements before the upgrade. This is TECHNICALLY true, but doesn't change the fact that a dropped pre-upgrade P320 would discharge when it landed on the back of the slide...

What ability does the PPD have to make an assessment that the pistol is functioning properly/in-spec if they don't issue the P320? I'm guessing their armorers are not trained on the P320.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    What ability does the PPD have to make an assessment that the pistol is functioning properly/in-spec if they don't issue the P320? I'm guessing their armorers are not trained on the P320.
    SIG just blessed PPD with that qualification. Says a lot about SIG...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    And the same company that stated the P320 met all drop safety requirements before the upgrade. This is TECHNICALLY true, but doesn't change the fact that a dropped pre-upgrade P320 would discharge when it landed on the back of the slide...
    It was drop safe as the manual stated to not carry with a live round in the chamber. Impossible to not be drop safe that way...

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I can't speak for them but I know our armorers have been trained on makes other than our issued Glock. When we were "shopping around" two got free slots at a Sig armorer's class. They went wearing Glock hats...
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Edit: Doh! I type slower than that guy^^^

From the article...

SEPTA sent the P320 in question to the Philadelphia Police Department’s Firearms Forensics Unit...

No reason for their training/maintenance unit to be trained armorer's in any other weapon system than the Glock. Their forensics unit on the other hand...

I'd be willing to bet the Forensics guys have a much broader knowledge and experience base.

Ironically, I carry a P320 on duty. I haven't been to Sig's armorer's school...but I have been to Glock's.
    Last edited by kwb377; 09-18-2019 at 12:15 PM.

User Tag List