Thread: Elmer Keith's Son Passes

Elmer Keith's Son Passes

https://m.legacy.com/obituaries/idah...0&preview=True

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Interesting how time passes faster and faster. I think of Elmer as a generation or two removed from me, but he's farther back than that. Sounds like his son did well in life. Good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    Interesting how time passes faster and faster. I think of Elmer as a generation or two removed from me, but he's farther back than that. Sounds like his son did well in life. Good on him.
    I imagine quite a few don't even know of Elmer or what he contributed to the industry.

It sounds like his son did have an interesting life in his own regard. Big shoes to fill not only from father but son as well.

Last edited by Tokarev; 09-12-2019 at 08:59 AM.

We are diminished, sounds like he was quite a man in his own right.
    #RESIST

Sounds like he had a full life.I grew reading Elmer's stuff,as a kid in the 60's.
    He is the reason i still shoot and load the .41 Magnum.

Site Supporter
    Like others I studied his writing. I bought my first Gun Digest in 1957. Elmer had a feature article in it about the .44 Mag. For some reason he and Cooper did not get along.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    For some reason he and Cooper did not get along.
    Both strongly opinionated.

I don't believe Elmer and Jack O'Connor thought along the same lines either.

I loved reading the stuff from both authors and will admit that the two of them plus Skeeter Skelton fueled the fire of my firearms passion starting when I was 8 years old.

It's fun to dig up that old stuff and read it now. A few weeks ago, I went to the library to check out "Hell, I was there" again, but found it is no longer available. I dug up some Jack O'Connor to scratch the itch and found some text where he recommended a dry fire practice of swinging on the hubcaps of passing cars to practice for shooting at running game. It was a different time...

If Elmer's son was half the man he was, he was one helluva man...

User Tag List