Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 10.5/11.5" SBRs/AR-15 pistols are okay for the average home defender

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    MLOK is superior to KeyMod.

But not enough for me to mess with my carbine.
    I was just busting your chops over things the internet doesn't like.

Please forgive the poor cord management and the brace. My Cloud Defensive LCS will be here Wednesday and I've been laid up for a couple weeks and haven't been able to efile the Form 1 for the lower. I have a YHM Turbo in NFA jail.

Attachment 44389

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I was just busting your chops over things the internet doesn't like.
    I know.

But there are autists who will take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I know.

But there are autists who will take it seriously.
    Speaking of not changing a setup just because it isn't the new hotness.
    Attachment 44390

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Speaking of not changing a setup just because it isn't the new hotness.
    Attachment 44390
    ....That cut A2 carry handle, and KAC rails, and Surefire M951 HNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

My own 6933 pistol build has a KAC rail system, but wears a KAC BUIS and OG CompM4. I've been keeping an eye out for the right 951 deal on eBay, too. Cloners drove the price up a good bit. I should have just kept the one I was issued 10 years ago, but I turned it in like a dumbass.

I dream of putting a Surefire 5.56 can on it too, but cost will likely dictate a YHM Turbo as you chose I'm torn between the Turbo and Turbo K for the 11.5, though. I'm also torn on leaving it as a pistol build or doing a Form 1 on it. I've got a lot of other guns needing a stamp before that one, so it may wait.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    ....That cut A2 carry handle, and KAC rails, and Surefire M951 HNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

My own 6933 pistol build has a KAC rail system, but wears a KAC BUIS and OG CompM4. I've been keeping an eye out for the right 951 deal on eBay, too. Cloners drove the price up a good bit. I should have just kept the one I was issued 10 years ago, but I turned it in like a dumbass.

I dream of putting a Surefire 5.56 can on it too, but cost will likely dictate a YHM Turbo as you chose I'm torn between the Turbo and Turbo K for the 11.5, though. I'm also torn on leaving it as a pistol build or doing a Form 1 on it. I've got a lot of other guns needing a stamp before that one, so it may wait.
    That's my OG 6933, from when Colt was still shipping them with carry handles. I don't know if you can zoom in enough to read the bottom of the rail, but that's Daniel Defense's non free float, drop in version of the KAC RAS. DD only made them a few years, they weren't real popular I guess, but it's a solid quad rail nonetheless. The free float Omega replaced them.

The cut carry handle in my opinion is one of the best fixed rear sights you can put on a rifle. I broke the knob on the original mount that came with the CompM2, and after buying a used Aimpoint pro from a member here with the Scalarworks mount I decided that's what I'd replace the CompM2 mount with as well.

Cloners have ruined everything. If you're looking for a M951, they pop up all the time on https://www.tacswap.com and occasionally they aren't asking cloner prices. With the Malkoff head upgrade, it's like a whole new light.

I was originally going to go with the Turbo K, but I farted around and they went out of stock as the new hotness and they weren't in stock anywhere. I didn't want to put it off any longer due to wait times being long anyway so I just went with the Turbo.

User Tag List