Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Halts Production of Long Guns for the Retail Market

Colt Halts Production of Long Guns for the Retail Market

Firearms distributer RSR Group has sent an email blast to their retail customers announcing that Colt will no longer produce long guns for the retail market.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/co...retail-market/

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the heads up. I've been waffling about buying a 6920 for a while... guess I'll be getting that done quick.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

And just like that Colts increased in price.

If there is one thing Colt has done well for collectors - it’s make guns more valuable.

I predict by end of week, there will be $1000 6920s on ARFcom and within a month $12-1500

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

If there is one thing Colt has done well for collectors - it’s make guns more valuable.

I predict by end of week, there will be $1000 6920s on ARFcom and within a month $12-1500
    I wouldn't be buying one for that very reason alone, on top of that it's not a decision I'd want to reward. There are other options available from companies not abandoning the market.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

That kind of money makes BCM look mighty good.

To the OP, sorry to see them drop out of the civilian market . On the other hand, mismanaged companies should be free to die.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

If the prices go full retard, I'll sell the two 6920s I have put aside for my kids in a heartbeat and replace them with BCM carbines and pocket the rest. My 6933 won't be going anywhere though.

I’ve been putting off getting a 6920, might have to explain to the wife it’s more of an urgency.

In the event 6920s become ridiculously expensive, what’s a viable alternative in the same price range?
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I’ve been putting off getting a 6920, might have to explain to the wife it’s more of an urgency.

In the event 6920s become ridiculously expensive, what’s a viable alternative in the same price range?
    BCM RECCE for a couple hundred more.

Site Supporter
    I guess colt will be going out of business next week.

User Tag List