Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Halts Production of Long Guns for the Retail Market

So...people want 1911s and Cobra revolvers and some folks want contracts of ARs and there is ~4 months of Colt ARs out there on the market.

You know what there aren't 4-months of? Colt 1911s.

If you haven't tried buying a Colt 1911 lately, it takes a while to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So...people want 1911s and Cobra revolvers and some folks want contracts of ARs and there is ~4 months of Colt ARs out there on the market.

I’d love an alloy Night Cobra and a .38 Special SAA if they aren’t to busy, now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About 10 years ago I tried to buy a new Combat Elite. I looked for 2 years and never found one.

I finally gave up and bought a Gold Cup.

I'm not sure why people are complaining about no rifles for a few months.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter

Nah, all I have to do is drive about two miles and I can see literally fifty of them in stock.

Okay, that's not typical. I'm lucky enough to live close to one of the top Colt dealers in the world, which means I can examine each one before making a purchase. Plus they can quickly get any Colt that is currently in production. Most of their business is in online sales.

On the subject of colt AR availability and stock in the supply chain, which models are we talking about? Post-hysteria buying/pricing aside the CCUs seem to be sold out everywhere I look?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    On the subject of colt AR availability and stock in the supply chain, which models are we talking about? Post-hysteria buying/pricing aside the CCUs seem to be sold out everywhere I look?
    Brownells has CCU uppers in stock, but I can't find the complete weapon anywhere. I believe that was a limited run and I'm not sure if Colt will continue selling it. They have a Law Enforcement Carbine that uses the Centurion rail, but that gun seems to have a carbine length gas system.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Sure. I'm not saying just shrug and roll with it. I'm saying if you are surprised you haven't been paying attention.
    The only thing that surprises me is that Colt management hasn't managed to kill the company yet. Eventually Colt will do a Winchester and have someone else make their guns.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

What's funny about all this, had the RSR salesman not put out this email, is that Colt would have just taken the civilian hiatus and nobody would have even noticed....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Brownells has CCU uppers in stock, but I can't find the complete weapon anywhere. I believe that was a limited run and I'm not sure if Colt will continue selling it. They have a Law Enforcement Carbine that uses the Centurion rail, but that gun seems to have a carbine length gas system.
    me being me, the carbine-length gas system wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit...

User Tag List