Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Halts Production of Long Guns for the Retail Market

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    for the $$$ the new Geissle “Super Duty” LE rifle would be my choice.
    Wow that is a freaking steal. Absolutely awesome they are doing that for LE.
    Last edited by Mike C; 09-11-2019 at 09:33 PM.

IThere is a reason S&W makes the M&P line and markets it to LE.

The ding on the M&P line for serious use is some of the guns are 1/9 twist and the higher end ones are 1/9. Honestly for most 50-100 yard cop use it’s fine.
    My M&P15 TS is 1/7 twist. I think that's what you intended to type for one of the above...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Guys, let's remember this news "story" broke on The Truth About Guns - the gun media Equivalent of the New York Post.

I was browsing Brownells the other day and noticed they had FN uppers for about the same money as the Colt uppers. Are the FN ARs still considered good to go?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Guys, let's remember this news "story" broke on The Truth About Guns - the gun media Equivalent of the New York Post.
    Don’t point out such obvious things....and try to apply sanity and logic...

When it comes out that this is totally concocted or whatever....I’d like to be the fly on the wall waiting to see all the anti-Colt crowd here eating their words.

Plus they tried to mess around with Tam about copyright.
    I still won't give 'em any respect over that.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

In general, no, but that is not what they are intended for.

Individual examples might but they are not intended or guaranteed to. There is a reason S&W makes the M&P line and markets it to LE.

The original Sports with the 1/8 barrels were a better value as it had the same barrel as some of the higher end M&P line. But even then the asssembly, BCG, QC checks are not the same as the M&P line.

The ding on the M&P line for serious use is some of the guns are 1/9 twist and the higher end ones are 1/9. Honestly for most 50-100 yard cop use it’s fine.

Sorry there is no free lunch.

BCM, SOLGW and Sionics are all good options but for the $$$ the new Geissle “Super Duty” LE rifle would be my choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    My M&P15 TS is 1/7 twist. I think that's what you intended to type for one of the above...
    I have one of the early M&P15 1-9 rifles and it's a 1 MOA rifle with Federal M193 and my Hornady 55 FMJBT handloads. It's my goto rifle. Never an issue and it'll ping an MGM flasher at 300 yards all day long. I have no need to stretch it further with heavy LR bullets. My only bitch is the magwell doesn't want to take a Pmag unless you pound it in. About 5 strokes with a file on the bevel would fix that, but I'm lazy and have the metal mags that came with it which run flawlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I have one of the early M&P15 1-9 rifles and it's a 1 MOA rifle with Federal M193 and my Hornady 55 FMJBT handloads. It's my goto rifle. Never an issue and it'll ping an MGM flasher at 300 yards all day long. I have no need to stretch it further with heavy LR bullets. My only bitch is the magwell doesn't want to take a Pmag unless you pound it in. About 5 strokes with a file on the bevel would fix that, but I'm lazy and have the metal mags that came with it which run flawlessly.
    I wasn't suggesting, or attempting to suggest which twist rate is or was superior. Simply that HCM probably meant to include 1/7 in his post above rather than repeat 1/9 twice.

My rifle came with a Gen2 PMAG so I simply purchased a bunch of same since I know they work with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Don’t point out such obvious things....and try to apply sanity and logic...
    I know you didn't intend to, but you sound like my wife right now,

"Rob, don't go making sense...people don't like it when you make sense."

She's right, that's usually what gets me into trouble.

I know you didn't intend to, but you sound like my wife right now,

"Rob, don't go making sense...people don't like it when you make sense."

She's right, that's usually what gets me into trouble.
    Hmmm...I haven't found that to be the case hereabouts.

User Tag List