Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Halts Production of Long Guns for the Retail Market

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I've been waffling about buying a 6920 for a while... guess I'll be getting that done quick.
    Why would you want to reward a company who conveniently abandons civilian customers at a time when there is focused political pressure on any entity out there to limit civilian access to weapons?

Seems awful lot like playing both sides of the isle. Cut off civilians from those dreaded weapons of war with a dog ate my homework excuse. But then I’m a cynical asshole lots of times.

Why not go buy from a company that doesn’t do that yet still offers a quality product? BCM, Sionics... make decent guns

Site Supporter
    Coincidentally, I ordered two "no furniture" 6920s over the weekend for $725 each. They shipped yesterday. These will be set aside for my daughters. Prices of complete rifles seemed a bit higher than the last time I checked. If I'd had only one daughter, I would have bought a BCM. If the 6920 prices really go up, I'd be happy to sells these and get two BCMs!

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

What about an M&P Sport II? I know Chuck Haggard gave the Sport a fairly favorable review a while back.

I know that’s going a cheaper route. I’d willingly buy BCM were it in the budget presently.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I wouldn't be buying one for that very reason alone, on top of that it's not a decision I'd want to reward. There are other options available from companies not abandoning the market.
    Agreed. I wasn’t looking at buying another AR anytime soon, but if I suddenly was now and knew this, I’d be immediately looking at a BCM or SoLGW and completely ignoring Colts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Agreed. I wasn’t looking at buying another AR anytime soon, but if I suddenly was now and knew this, I’d be immediately looking at a BCM or SoLGW and completely ignoring Colts.

I only own one AR...an M&P15 TS. It's been a good carbine for me, and I've heard good things from LEOs online who have had one as their issued patrol rifle. (And one Navy type.)
    Last edited by blues; 09-11-2019 at 01:49 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I have a NIB un-fired 6720 that may hit a classified if the prices are right.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I only own one AR...an M&P15 TS. It's been a good carbine for me, and I've heard good things from LEOs online who have had one as their issued patrol rifle. (And one Navy type.)
    I’m sure it’s a great rifle. A buddy of mine has a similar model and loves his. But with S&W having issues shipping new revolvers without issues and locks and semi-auto pistols with dubious accuracy, why reward questionable decision making when there are so many other good AR options in that sea?

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I’m sure it’s a great rifle. A buddy of mine has a similar model and loves his. But with S&W having issues shipping new revolvers without issues and locks and semi-auto pistols with dubious accuracy, why reward questionable decision making when there are so many other good AR options in that sea?

My purchase predated my awareness of the issues at S&W, so who knows which way I'd have jumped had I known?. That said, when I did have a small issue, they made it right and had it back to me within a week, door to door.

Pretty much all you can ask since none of the manufacturers, at least in my reading, have an unblemished track record.

Anyway, it seems to me that the timing of Colt's decision is questionable at best. I'll be doing business with companies not inclined to depart the field at the first sign of turbulence.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    What about an M&P Sport II? I know Chuck Haggard gave the Sport a fairly favorable review a while back.

I know that’s going a cheaper route. I’d willingly buy BCM were it in the budget presently.
    We have quite a few officers using them as personally owned rifles and range reports have been very good. Each POW has to be inspected by the range armorer prior to the officer being allowed to qualify with it and reports for QC have been positive.

I have the upper end S&W and have been quite satisfied with it. I'm shooting maybe 4k rounds a year, tops, and am unlikely to wear out rifle any time soon.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    I have been a big fan of Colt products since I first started shooting. Colt's decision has now changed that. There is nothing they make that I cannot get from another source that doesn't consider me unworthy to own it.

User Tag List