Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Colt Halts Production of Long Guns for the Retail Market

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Having zero response to the Glock invasion has been an albatross around Colts neck since the early '90's.
    I think they were also molasses slow to start making their 1911 with visible sights and extended tang and safety.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    They had a failed response to the Glock with the 2000. IIRC, Shooting Times had a glorious computer graphics spread of it as a wonder weapon. Then, the tried to jump on the smart gun bandwagon, with the 2000 or a CZ based gun.

Remember the smart guns - SW, Colt, Taurus - all tried to play. Still waiting for Biden's gun that will test your DNA on the spot.

Site Supporter
    Name:  B17C507D-3398-4AC1-9C3E-394291AC1212.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  71.2 KB

The Keefe Report: Colt’s Mfg. and Foolishness

Internet foolishness has forced a very busy man with a big job, Colt’s Mfg. Co. President and CEO Dennis Veilleux, to step away from making sure guns are produced at the East Hartford, Conn., factory and, instead, focus on the chatroom perception that, somehow, today’s Colt’s is against the consumer sale of AR-15s.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art..._campaign=0919

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    Internet foolishness has forced a very busy man with a big job, Colt’s Mfg. Co. President and CEO Dennis Veilleux, to step away from making sure guns are produced at the East Hartford, Conn., factory and, instead, focus on the chatroom perception that, somehow, today’s Colt’s is against the consumer sale of AR-15s.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art..._campaign=0919
    The timing of Colts decision to pause manufacturing of AR's for civilian sales was horrible.
    Colts inability to control their brand image is also terrible, their anger/frustration should be with RSR not the internet forums.
    Last edited by JodyH; 09-24-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Colts inability to control their brand image is also terrible, their anger/frustration should be with RSR not the internet forums.
    ^^^ This.

My commentary on another discussion was that if Colt had communicated it more tactfully, RSR hadn’t hyped it up, and then someone else hadn’t taken business communications to TTAG, this wouldn’t even be a story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Site Supporter
    Letting FN grab a huge portion of the Mil M4 market was just the icing on the shit cake Colt has been eating for decades.
    When I was at Fort Jackson for a spell years ago, I went out a couple times with a gal who worked at FN in their accounting department. I recall her saying that FN could make M4 carbines for the Army for a lot less money than Colt ever could, because of the significant differences in labor costs in South Carolina versus Connecticut, and so it would only be a matter of time and expiring contractual commitments before even Uncle Sugar would get tired of spending more money on Colt products versus the same product for less money made by FN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's hard to leave when the state keeps "investing" millions of dollars in your business.

https://www.journalinquirer.com/publ...c25adf75c.html

Small wonder CT has yuge budget problems.

https://yankeeinstitute.org/2019/05/...sion-problems/

Oh well, I don't pay taxes in CT so no concern of mine.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-24-2019 at 10:04 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It's hard to leave when the state keeps "investing" millions of dollars in your business.

https://www.journalinquirer.com/publ...c25adf75c.html

Small wonder CT has yuge budget problems.

https://yankeeinstitute.org/2019/05/...sion-problems/

Oh well, I don't pay taxes in CT so no concern of mine.
    It’s all kick backs.

Predatory Investments meant to fleece bond buyers and loan providers. Short term capital gun by leveraging a company’s assets. Then when it tanks, you slip a few hundred K to the people who administer such things and rinse and repeat after you come out of bankruptcy.

Colt has been on a rinse and repeat path to failure for nearly four decades. Until someone actually buys out the IP to do right, it’ll be a 5-10 year repeat cycle.

If people wanted to really save Colt...they’d stop buying Colts. And contracts would stop going to Colt. The instant that Colt becomes worthless and remains worthless, the predators will jump off. But not until rock bottom is reached will anything happen. Colt is run by a bunch of greed addicts and there isn’t much that can be done.

User Tag List