Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fun controls bills out of committee

Site Supporter
    After the 94 ban was lifted, I bought a slew of 10 round Glock mags real cheap to use in IDPA matches. So I am ahead of the curve for Chuck and Nancy and ban states. They were six bucks a mag.

Site Supporter
    Not trying to be abrasive or offensive, but I'm not going to change my buying habits one whit.

I am going to write my senators, send in money to the ISRA and offer to take my friends shooting and yes...even post my match vids and pro gun content to social media to show gun owners in a responsible, safe, and fun perspective, as opposed to everyone thinking I'm a baby boomer who used to drink from a "whites only" water fountain.

Buying another set of 17 round mags is a bandaid and as was noted above...there is little likelihood they'll be grandfathered. Abusive laws are going to be abusive and the veil of "sensible" gun control has been abandoned. We know what we're fighting now. So let's fight it. I want my kids to be able to buy standard cap mags too.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

In case you guys haven't read it - here is the summary of HR 1186 (the mag ban) - https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...ouse-bill/1186

Of particular interest this line:

The bill permits continued possession of, but prohibits sale or transfer of, a grandfathered LCAFD.
    LCAFD = large capacity ammunition feeding device

I'm betting that after the election 20-30 rd mags won't be legal to sell and there will be shortages of 10 rd mags.

Prices for 10 rd mags, if you can find any, will be double what they are today. Supply and demand.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm betting that after the election 20-30 rd mags won't be legal to sell and there will be shortages of 10 rd mags.

Prices for 10 rd mags, if you can find any, will be double what they are today. Supply and demand.
    I bought 10 rounders a couple years back as a hedge against future shortages.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I'll get right on it! I'm sure Dianne Feinstein, Kamila Harris, and Jackie Spier will be compelled and deeply moved by my well written and spoken pleas for respect of the 2nd Amendment and how it is a final protective line against tyranny!
    Last edited by Suvorov; 09-12-2019 at 12:45 AM.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    In case you guys haven't read it - here is the summary of HR 1186 (the mag ban) - https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...ouse-bill/1186

Of particular interest this line:

LCAFD = large capacity ammunition feeding device
    For now. Don't forget that Kalifornia later "altered the terms" and prohibited possession of the grandfathered magazines.

Tyrants gonna tyrant.

Site Supporter

contacting elected officials

Apparently anything sent to US Senators and Representatives gets scanned. They don't get actual letters written on paper any more.

The procedures for handling mail in State legislatures vary from state to state.

If you write an elected official, AND YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THEIR CONSTITUTENTS they won't pay any attention, anyway.

And if you send them a form letter (from NRA ILA or someplace) with your name attached, they probably won't pay attention.

Grant Cunningham had an article on his blog within the last month about how to contact your representatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22 View Post

If you write an elected official, AND YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THEIR CONSTITUTENTS they won't pay any attention, anyway.
    I wrote Trey Gowdy of SC while he was still in the House. (I'm across his border in NC). The letter I wrote was one of appreciation for some of his efforts on a couple of matters.

Not even the courtesy of acknowledging receipt.

That really rubbed me the wrong way from a man I expected more of. (Should've known better.)

Of late, it seems that Senator Tillis is the only one who bothers to acknowledge and politely respond to correspondence. Sen. Burr and Rep. Mark Meadows don't even deign to respond in the past several months. That will be noted come reelection time.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I wrote Trey Gowdy of SC while he was still in the House. (I'm across his border in NC). The letter I wrote was one of appreciation for some of his efforts on a couple of matters.

Not even the courtesy of acknowledging receipt.

That really rubbed me the wrong way from a man I expected more of. (Should've known better.)

Of late, it seems that Senator Tillis is the only one who bothers to acknowledge and politely respond to correspondence. Sen. Burr and Rep. Mark Meadows don't even deign to respond in the past several months. That will be noted come reelection time.
    You expect them to act like they were voted into office by the people to serve the people? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I really have no clue what these guys do other than spout a whole lot of crap and threaten to shut down the gov and enrich themselves with book and speaking deals...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List