Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun controls bills out of committee

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    So if mags are limited to 10 and not retroactive, are pre-ban mags usually easy to find/purchase? Just curious how this works.
    I think sales and transfers are forbidden.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I think sales and transfers are forbidden.
    Oh gotcha, thanks for the reply. Looks like I'm gonna be buying a good deal of regular mags and some 10 round mags as well just to have on hand since I have none. Never can have too many mags either way lol

Site Supporter
    The antigun folks are now smart enough to disallow grandfathering. They learned that from the research on why the 94 AWB failed.

Magazine limits to 10 don’t accomplish anything because changing a mag ain’t that time intensive. Didn’t the Parkland shooter have only 10-round mags? IIRC it was one of the recent school shooters that used 10-rounders.
    That's true and why the mag ban will lead to a ban on all semi auto mag fed guns. You have stated that the 10s are as deadly as the 30s, so don't ban the 30s. Or, the antigun person will say - take out the guns and the 10 round mags.

If you then say, well, Cowboy Billy Meatback can shoot a lever action so fast, so don't ban the semis - the anti will say - Really, ban the levers. See Australia for precedent on that one.

The only really hope is that the pseudo progun legislators and Presidents don't fold and/or SCOTUS actually gets off its butt and takes a ban case. Then they have to find clearly that they are unconstitutional.

Let me think about this hope. We are screwed, blued and tattooed.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 09-11-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Now I have to decide which magazines to buy. I was already going to grab some more STI mags, and a few more Colt SMG-pattern mags. I guess a 10-pack of PMags and then I have to make decisions about long-term -

HK?
    Beretta?
    BHP?

Since it won’t exempt C&R or machine guns - if I ever actually want a sub-gun I need to buy now...

Site Supporter
    Is there any data on which survive better being buried in your basement or backyard? You want them to be ok for the 'Revolution'. Cynical me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Is there any data on which survive better being buried in your basement or backyard? You want them to be ok for the 'Revolution'. Cynical me.
    Does it matter if you’re doing the smart thing and burying them in a Pelican case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Does it matter if you’re doing the smart thing and burying them in a Pelican case?
    I thought it was PVC pipe with end caps.

Realistically I don’t think this even makes it to the floor in the Senate. This is election year posturing.

We have rough times ahead though, especially with the current state of affairs at the NRA. The other side has political momentum building and I don’t think it looks good for us.

If Republicans lose the senate next year I think we’re fucked.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    There's already a U.S. District Court ruling that a 10-round limit is unconstitutional. Anything being passed at the Federal level would guarantee it goes all the way to the USC.

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/a...udge-s-ruling/
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Realistically I don’t think this even makes it to the floor in the Senate. This is election year posturing.

We have rough times ahead though, especially with the current state of affairs at the NRA. The other side has political momentum building and I don’t think it looks good for us.

If Republicans lose the senate next year I think we’re fucked.

This.

User Tag List