Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fun controls bills out of committee

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    I thought it was PVC pipe with end caps.
    Whatever seals out the elements I guess. Call me crazy, but I like at least a little bit of organization and if I’m digging up the thing it’s probably helpful if everything inside isn’t smacking each other around on the way up being dragged or lifted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do I get more mags or invest in 10 round guns...? Both?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

Right now, you write your legislators and urge them to block this bill from even coming up for a vote.

And also probably buy some more mags. More mags can never hurt.

I decided to not go absolutely batshit, but I’m gonna grab and half-dozen 32-round Colt SMG mags, plus a few 20s, and some more Gen 2 STI mags.

While I debate what I should buy after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    I thought it was PVC pipe with end caps.
    No, no, no. The PVC is for storing your extra conduit and pipe. Spread it out a bit, say fifteen or twenty spots scattered around your property, about two feet down.

The Pelicans go under two of the PVC pipes, about four feet down, under large flat rocks, say, in the approximate middle of a typical search array.

You'll be dead, but you'll die knowing that they'll be cursing your name for months, perhaps years.

I kid, I kid.

Everyone knows the Pelicans go under your brother-in-law's prize roses when he's on a three-week cruise to the Galapagos.

Still kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Right now, you write your legislators and urge them to block this bill from even coming up for a vote.

I decided to not go absolutely batshit, but I’m gonna grab and half-dozen 32-round Colt SMG mags, plus a few 20s, and some more Gen 2 STI mags.

I live in NoVA, my rep sends out his gun control ideas in a mass mailing...

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    So if mags are limited to 10 and not retroactive, are pre-ban mags usually easy to find/purchase? Just curious how this works.
    They were back in the day. I still have a great many pre 1993 manufacture 92 mags. I would guess it’d be the same.

These bills are concerning AF, I don't support them, and I’m definitely taking the time to advocate against them from the left, and I am donating to pro 2a orgs.
    Last edited by Medusa; 09-11-2019 at 06:27 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    California in 1989: No more new standard-cap mags. But buy, sell, trade, use, or give the ones that are already out there.

California in 2000 or 2001: You can keep and use the standard-cap mags you have, but no buy, sell, trade, or give.

California in 2016: Standard-cap mags must be surrendered, destroyed, or moved out of state by the deadline we set.

The antis think generationally. I'm pretty sure it was DPMoynihan who said (to paraphrase), "Nevermind the guns, just ban new ammo sales and in a few decades the problem will be solved."

BTW, consider the demographic and life history boxes that had to be checked for a person to even be eligible to be affected by the change in 2016, and you get a pretty good picture of the person they are fighting this culture war against.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    These bills are concerning AF, I don't support them, and I’m definitely taking the time to advocate against them from the left, and I am donating to pro 2a orgs.
    Good. Thank you. We can all agree to disagree on all sorts of issue but it's a moot point when both major parties seem hellbent on tossing the first two amendments down the drain.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

Mags now. There'll be plenty of 10-rounders later.

If you can't get the 10 round guns later, well... you'll be glad had real mags for the fight.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

I need to buy an STI so I can justify buying a bunch of Gen 2 mags. Democrats are such enablers. Don’t need to worry about that recession now.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List