Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fun controls bills out of committee

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    You expect them to act like they were voted into office by the people to serve the people? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I really have no clue what these guys do other than spout a whole lot of crap and threaten to shut down the gov and enrich themselves with book and speaking deals...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Burr and Meadows "used to" respond to each and every message. Even a canned response is superior to no response. No response may be what they will get from me when next time they depend upon my vote.

I was never naive enough to think they gave a rat's ass either way...but if they don't think it's worth the effort...I'll take it under advisement.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

CWM11B
    Burr is retiring so he doesn't care.He's never been a staunch ally of the 2A, said what he needed to to get elected. Tillis is no friend to gun owners, and is a big "compromise" type appeaser. In other words, a capitulator. I have contacted his office numerous times and have always gotten non answer answers. The last time I called was about this particular bit of legislation and was told ""the senator cant comment on items not before the Senate". Really? No opinion on defending the constitution? On proposed legislation that impacts millions of law abiding citizens and a not insignificant portion of the economy? There is no doubt in my mind he will side with the anti 2A types and vote away our rights. I see no point in voting for him again when he's up, and have told his office so. At this point, the only thing that can help IMO is term limits with a lifetime ban on lobbyist jobs post term. I believe we are going to lose the 2A in the next 25 years, simply through attrition of shooters and massive ignorance about the foundation of this country and what liberty is all about. I'm going to be to old to fight when this all hits the fan. Hopefully I'll be able to evacuate to a nice quiet beach in some sleepy South American town or tropical island and laugh at the wailings of the idiots who realize to late just what they pissed away

Site Supporter
    Rubio on Red Flag laws: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/12/o...o-gun-law.html

I'd bet they have a good chance of passing. To be blunt, the counter arguments from most gun folks are:

1. Too many false alarms
    2. Can't infringe, even if you look nuts
    3. Not enough due process
    4. They won't work - even as we complain that some folks weren't reported

Those will not be convincing, Rubio says:

The laws do not infringe on the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners. In order for a state to be eligible for funding under our proposal, it would be required to enact strong due process protections and include a felony penalty for false reporting.

Rubio's constituents could forward him results of this study, done and funded by some of the loudest gun control proponents, that showed no impact of UBCs on anything

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...161?via%3Dihub
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Rubio's constituents could forward him results of this study, done and funded by some of the loudest gun control proponents, that showed no impact of UBCs on anything

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...161?via%3Dihub
    That right there’s the problem: Facts.

If the people chanting about these proposals were receptive of factual information, why they wouldn’t be making these preposterous and largely ineffective proposals. But “something must be done” and their ideas are the only reasonable ones.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    So at what point is it ineffective to write senators and when are we, the gun owning collective going to start organizing rallies in D.C?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    So at what point is it ineffective to write senators and when are we, the gun owning collective going to start organizing rallies in D.C?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Both. Do both.

ETA: Also, people gripe a lot - I posted a form letter back when 41F was going through the ATF had to read your comments for the proposed rule. 30 forums, I contacted dozens of Sheriffs, politicians, NRA, etc.

Who do I give money to? I’ll write / call congress people.
    Last edited by BWT; 09-13-2019 at 05:14 AM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Writing to my congressman and senators is a complete waste of time. Republicans all, they won't stand up against any of these proposals.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List