Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let’s Roll!

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.

Let’s Roll!

To my Brothers and Sisters flying the line or holding the line - Never Forget!

“LET’S ROLL!”

I will not forget.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Name:  911_Never_Forget_jpg-1086389.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  27.6 KB
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I will not forget.
    Nor I.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

9/11 happened on my second day of teaching class. For the first time this year, that day is outside the personal living memory of over half of each class. Within a couple of years, it will be rare for me to have a student in class who was alive that day. I will always remember, however.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

IMHO, eighteen years is a significant interval. Today, a significant number of young folks will start reaching adulthood, who were not year born, at the time the Towers were still standing.

It is not that the world is so different. When I was a high school student, in the Seventies, during a World History class discussion, we speculated that suicidal terrorists would fly an airliner into a skyscraper, sooner or later. Nobody in that class verbally expressed any disbelief at that prospect. The problem at that time was with Iranians, not Wahabist Saudis, but, of course, Iran is again a problem, today.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    With the word "terrorist" so watered down and overused by politicians and the media it's sometimes difficult to remember how successful 9/11 was at creating terror. I was working night shift on a help desk and was asleep. My grandmother called me, near hysterical, and told me "they are bombing us!" She didn't know who "they" were or how they were bombing us, but the news showed buildings falling.

I did not own a television and my literal shack in the woods did not get radio reception due to being "down in the holler". I tossed a shotgun in the truck and headed to town. I had zero idea of what to expect. I knew our little town was nothing to anyone but wondered if there were checkpoints up or what. I don't know exactly what the intent of the shotgun was, but I had it because feels.

I got out of my holler and got radio reception on the radio in my truck and Howard Stern was on. He was doing real news instead of his normal gag show. That's how I learned what was actually happening. I got to my grandmothers and watched the replays on TV of the planes hitting. I eventually went home, went to sleep, and then went to work that night because the world doesn't stop for tragedies, even of that scale. I didn't know if I'd be recalled to active duty as I was still in the IRR at that point, but was really to busted up to be of any real use to anyone.

As huge a tragedy as it was for many, it was a turning point in my life. I don't know what my life would look like if I hadn't gotten that kick in the ass, quit being a drunk, went to work for DynCorp, etc. but I doubt it would have had much meaning or a happy ending.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Never forget, never forgive.

I worked for Chase Manhattan Bank in 2001. I handled deceased accounts at the time. once the death certificates started coming in 3 of us got assigned to work 9/11 accounts exclusively. We worked on those accounts for several months, reading death certificates all day. The majority for the death certificates all said the same thing; manner of death: homicide, cause of death: physical injuries body not found. 9/11 is something I cannot forget after reading hundreds of those death certificates.

User Tag List