Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Irrational Firearm Desires

Pretty much everything I currently own, am about to own, will one day own, or wish to own that isn't a S&W 442, Glock 19 and Colt 6920 qualifies as an irrational firearm desire.

Presently, multiple custom 1911s and a precision rifle in 6.5 Creedmore dominate the "more than I need, not as many as I want" daydreams...
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Kel-Tec PMR-30. Wasn’t even on my radar til I shot one a few weeks ago. That gun is a hoot. I don’t know what I’d do with it, but now I kinda want one.

It checks no practical boxes, it’s just fun to shoot. And sometimes that’s a good enough reason.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Steyr Mannlicher 1905...just because it looks cool and I'm a dork

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Sounds cool too.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    A CZ-97.

I don't actually want any more handguns, especially .45s, and certainly don't really have any reason to buy a TDA pistol. but CZ 97s are sweet and I want one anyway.

Also a long list of S&W revolvers but I consider that less irrational and more simply a low budgetary priority.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 09-11-2019 at 08:01 AM.

MAS 223, CZ ZK383, ZB 26 and STI Staccato P Duo.....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

.22 tcm 1911

Remington 870 tac 14 hardwood

Top of the list right now:

Henry .45-70 color case hardened with custom serial number.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Nothing serious at the moment, but historically a Tommy gun.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

My reasons for wanting any gun are perfectly rational.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Once upon a time, I wanted all sorts of irrational guns (big bore magnum handguns more suitable for elephant hunting that recreational shooting, etc), but these days I seem to have lost all interest in that sort of thing. For me, time to reload and time to shoot have curtailed my want list. What value is it to add another gun or caliber if I barely have time to enjoy it? I'm not interested in adding any new calibers to my collection. What I have covers all my needs for SD, hunting, and recreational shooting.

Ok, I do lack a 22lr rifle. I should get one of those. I suppose I will if a good deal comes my way. However, that's not an irrational want.

Chris

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Nothing serious at the moment, but historically a Tommy gun.
    Ooh yeah, I forgot about that.

User Tag List