Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Irrational Firearm Desires

ASP
    ... or Devel
    Last edited by Bucky; 09-11-2019 at 04:38 AM.

Site Supporter
    Top of my "want but don't need" list is an An HK MP5/10.

Everything else falls into two categories;
    - Cyberpunk-looking space guns
    - Cold War era military surplus

'Smart' brain is telling me to buy a couple of G5 G19 MOS's with SCD's and a pile of G5 Glock mags, with a couple new holsters and an RMR and TLR-1, etc....

'Want' brain is telling me that Steyr just released a new version of their M-series pistols so I could score a gen II L9-A1 (or a threaded Steyr M9-A1! ) for about two bills less than just one of those G19's, which coincidentally is just enough to cover a Yugo M57 Tokarev or one of those surplus Beretta 81's.

I keep pondering the EAA Witness Poly compact in 10mm (which by all accounts I've read is not that great) and Makarovs for the same silly reasons. The newer IWI Masada pistol checks a lot of those Cyberpunk/space gun blocks for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Mossberg shockwave. I’m fighting the urge HARD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I own two. Just give in already.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    44 Automag
    that's somewhat rational, when you consider the .30 carbine AutoMag III exists.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Wilson 1911

I recently scratched an irrational single-action revolver itch, a USFA Storekeeper. (4” barrel, no ejector rod) It would have made much more sense to spend that money to pay for much of a Wilson Combat 1911, because I would actually carry the Wilson. The smaller-profile grip safety and hammer from WC have my attention. On the WC site, the Hackathorn Special is one of the models that is shown with this grip safety and hammer.

The reason this desire is irrational, is because I have three perfectly functional Les Baer pistols, and an as-yet-unproven Detonics, any of which could be equipped with these WC parts. Well, actually, I would rather not start franken-gunning the Baers. Plus, the local, nationally-known ‘smith I would prefer to use, an APG member, would rather not use WC parts.

OK, yes, I admit that I desire a WC Hackathorn Special.

Yes, for those paying attention, I am gravitating toward carrying revolvers, but I do tend to check bumps in the night with a 1911, and will carry them, too. Therefore, desiring a high-end 1911 is not totally irrational.
    Last edited by Rex G; 09-11-2019 at 06:10 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

1941 Johnson.... Really want one in the USMC serial number range but will settle at this point.

6mm Navy Lee.... Pretty much only in museums anymore...

... These are the only ones I need to complete my US service rifle collection... They have become white whales that I hunt yet never seem to catch....

Dumb things I like buying.... Tiny Beretta's.... .22,.25,.32,.380 , love the dumb things for some reason...

Regret not buying the FAMAS my buddy offered me years ago.... from before they skyrocketed in value, they are MG money now... Same with the Sig 550 he offered..... Think I bought a Rem 700 PSS all done up instead, talk about a bad decision.... The Maclomar PKM at my buddies shop as well... Why would I want a semi auto belt fed... Never thought that would be worth 10k plus today..... I still want all these things....
    Last edited by rcbusmc24; 09-11-2019 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Mossberg shockwave. I’m fighting the urge HARD.
    PSA selling them for $250 makes it difficult... ETA: Watching hickok45 managing hits on those distant plates on his range makes it more difficult...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 09-11-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Bodeo 1889
    Bergman Simplex
    Bolo Mauser
    Something that says Nitro Express after the caliber
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

I've recently developed a nearly uncontrollable case of the wants for cowboy guns. I'm thinking a pair of SAA clones in 45 Colt - a 7 1/2" "primary" and a 4 3/4" backup. This would require a custom rig to carry, of course - the primary dropped low on my strong side, the backup in a cross draw rig on my support side. This will also require me to find a .45 Colt lever gun, and the "Quigley" Sharps my wife promised me for our 25th Anniversary. And a short side by side with exposed hammers. And...

User Tag List