Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Irrational Firearm Desires

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    How many folks bought PPKsand PPK/ses back in the day because of, well, @Tamara said it best:
    A friend bought one just this week to go with his tuxedo.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Mine are irrational because I've owned them and sold them, but I do wish I could buy back my Browning Citori and Beretta 391 teknys. I was smashing trap and sporting clays with them.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    <insert "small arms" joke here>
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

One of these days I want a Smith 52 and/or 952. My grandpa had a 52 briefly but I didn't get a chance to shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    One of these days I want a Smith 52 and/or 952. My grandpa had a 52 briefly but I didn't get a chance to shoot it.
    I’m an absolute fool for a Performance Center anything. I don’t consider it a character flaw, more a mark of discernment. I’ll be bidding on that 952. As soon as I can get these oven mitts my wife duct taped to my hands off.

And of course I had a Smith & Walther PPK/s, and it was 1) too heavy for it’s size, 2) very, very accurate, and 3) cut the heck out of the web of my shooting hand. I almost bought a .22LR one off gunbroker three or four times while reading this thread.
    Last edited by TDA; 10-25-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Also, I know it’s not a firearm, but that Umarex MP40 BB gun won’t stop calling my name. All I can think about lately is Where Eagles Dare.

Name:  49B61D58-F8E8-46C1-97EF-EA358C2C68B5.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  88.1 KB
    Last edited by TDA; 10-25-2019 at 08:20 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I don't remember if I've posted this earlier in this thread, but I mentioned it in another, so might as well put it where it belongs:

One of my irrational firearm desires is a custom build in 6mm Remington AI. I'm led to believe you can get the worthwhile bullets to feed through a short-action Howa action, whereas a 700 requires the long action. But that's just something I read on the internet. If I had a long-distance coyote problem or was serious about long-range machining of paper, there might be a practical application for it, but as the world is, I can't figure out what I would do with it that I can't do just as well with a .260 Rem or .223.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Also, I know it’s not a firearm, but that Umarex MP40 BB gun won’t stop calling my name. All I can think about lately is Where Eagles Dare.

Name:  49B61D58-F8E8-46C1-97EF-EA358C2C68B5.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  88.1 KB
    One of my favorite movies

Let's add a B&T USW SBR, if I haven't already.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

A B&T APC 45 is now high on my want list...for reasons I can’t hope to adequately describe. I just think it would make a good compliment to my non-existent HKs in .45.

User Tag List