Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Irrational Firearm Desires

there is an unused blued beretta 21A with the box at my local GS that is seriously calling my name. I have no use for it other than a target gun...but i want it in a bad way, the price is right too.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think FDE USP’s are one of those things that you don’t see everyday. If the price is reasonable, buy it! You literally can’t go wrong with a USP..
    Enabler!

Is an S&W K-32 irrational?

They used to be hard to sell. By the time I decided it might be a good idea for a geezer gun, they had been discovered. Now theyve moved into crazy price category.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Is an S&W K-32 irrational?

They used to be hard to sell. By the time I decided it might be a good idea for a geezer gun, they had been discovered. Now theyve moved into crazy price category.
    Maaayyybbeee. I got lucky and found mine by accident for what is a low price for a k-frame in general, not to mention the near mythical K-32. It's not perfect, but is a good shooter.

Ok, it's not a pre-number K-32, but it is a 6" K-frame in 32SWL.

Name:  32swl_TM.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  57.1 KB

Chris

I have a 6" K-22 barrel to rebore to 32. Im keeping my eyes open for a K-22 cylinder, then a reasonably priced centerfire adjustable sighted K-38 of some sort, a 14 or 15. No rush, just watching.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Hammertime
    I want a large caliber muzzle loader that shoots a giant plume of black power with a large boom. Not sure exactly what the stat of the art is/was for those, but that is my irrational desire.

Oh, and some sort of mini cannon to go along with it.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 09-12-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I want a large caliber muzzle loader that shoots a giant plume of black power with a large boom. Not sure exactly what the stat of the art is/was for those, but that is my irrational desire.

Oh, and some sort of mini cannon to go along with it.
    The mid 1800s, 58 cal was common. In the late 1700s, 76 cal was common.

When I was a kid, a friend of my dads had an African trade musket flintlock that was 4 gauge, which is slightly over a 1 inch bore. I had it a while enjoying its awesomeness, but never shot it.
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnny View Post
    Enabler!
    just trying to do my bit to help...

Site Supporter
    Freedom Arms Model 83 - saw it in Alien Nation and have always wanted one. But, it's too long to carry so I decided I need a Smith & Wesson 460XVR 3.5″. The shorter barrel will make it easier to tuck into my waistband.
    --Jason--

I remember reading a post by @Sensei in which he compared the sizes of an 11.5” AR, an MP5(?), and a Sig Rattler. After that post, I kind of want a Rattler. I know the kinds of scenarios that the Rattler was designed to be used in. They don’t really apply to me. I want one anyway.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List