Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Irrational Firearm Desires

Site Supporter
    M1 Thompson to go with my .45 and Winchester Garand.
    Shooter grade ‘03 Springfield.
    Winchester M97 riot or military shotgun
    Winchester .351 or .401 self loading rifle
    Remington 8/81 .35 Remington Police model
    Winchester M12 riot gun
    Post war 38/44 Heavy Duty S&W 4” or 5” barrel
    Colt 3-5-7 4” nickel
    Steyr Scout
    Steyr AUG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    @cor_man257 and @ragnar_d,

You guys are just listing collectible arms that make complete rational sense to purchase for historic, C&R or general collectible purchase.
    I like the way you think sir. I did leave off one that I’d forgotten about just because it’s been a minute since I have messed with crazy ass AR ideas. In my past life I was going to try and convince my employer to build a small frame AR-10 type pistol/SBR in .338 Fed with a 12.5” barrel just to see what I could make it do ballistically. That and a 2011 in .224 BOZ still pops up in my “I wonder if . . .” every now and then.

Thinking about it, I think I might have to pull one of the .45s off the wall at work and mess around with a barrel for it.
    @cor_man257 looking at your list, I’m pretty sure we might very well be kindred spirits of the gunternet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

MP7 because reasons.

Unlike most of you, my desires are reasonable

Name:  5FBFA4BF-45CD-44C4-8607-708677623A89.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  80.2 KB

I would like to have an XM25.

Add IWI Tavor 7 to my list.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While not exactly a irrational desire, more of an impulse buy.I stopped in the LGS, a little while ago, and walked out with this, Gen2 G19Name:  00D71655-BDE7-42B3-A1BD-65D23383DA4E.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  37.8 KBName:  00D71655-BDE7-42B3-A1BD-65D23383DA4E.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  37.8 KBName:  C9368251-553D-4961-A33D-08BA8FEFCBD3.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  58.6 KB for $300 out the door, it came with 2 10 rnd mags,and the Tupperware box, cleaning rod, and brush, and the beauty of it is, I have a bunch of 15 rnd mags, and a IWB holster for it, I figure I can always get my money back out of it if I don’t like it. As a added bonus, I took it out back and ran a mag of my loads through it, and it ejects perfectly!! All the cases went vigorously to the right!! This is the first G19 I’ve had out of seven or eight, that ejects like its supposed to.
    Last edited by ralph; 09-17-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    While not exactly a irrational desire, more of an impulse buy.I stopped in the LGS, a little while ago, and walked out with this, Gen2 G19
    That has finger grooves and an accessory rail, so it's a Gen 3. You stole it for $300 though.
    Last edited by CleverNickname; 09-17-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    That has finger grooves and an accessory rail, so it's a Gen 3. You stole it for $300 though.
    That’s Ok, like I said it’s the first G19, I’ve owned that ejects like it’s supposed to...to the right.. That is a big plus in my book, erratic ejection pretty much drove me away from Glocks. I’ll probably hang on to it, for the money I can’t see how I could go wrong. I figure I could sell it for $350-$375 anytime, and have no problem getting rid of it. All I need to do is change the sights, it still has the standard Glock slot fillers, and they need to go, luckily, I have some 15 rnd mags, and a IWB holster for it.. I’m pretty set if I decide to carry it.
    Last edited by ralph; 09-17-2019 at 03:06 PM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    @cor_man257 and @ragnar_d,

You guys are just listing collectible arms that make complete rational sense to purchase for historic, C&R or general collectible purchase.
    Umm pretty sure ALL of my gun purchases have always been rational.... especially that WASR I bought back in college....

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Umm pretty sure ALL of my gun purchases have always been rational.... especially that WASR I bought back in college....
    The only good thing about a nebulous impending ban is having a neverending excuse to buy more guns and mags.

User Tag List