Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Irrational Firearm Desires

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I'm with you there. I'd like a matched Ruger SA & lever in .327 mag as a modern version of the old .32-20's.
    I keep getting stuck on the idea a Winchester 1873 trapper size carbine (16") in 357 with a 4" smith 19 would be pretty handy for a walk around setup where bears arent an issue.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I believe you can get a Bisley grip frame and bolt it on, but I could be mistaken.
    I believe you can, but the problem is the cost of buying the parts gets silly fast. I'd like to buy what I want at the cost Ruger would sell it for, not 30-50 percent more.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I definitely didn’t contact Sitting Fox Muzzleloaders for a quote on a Tennessee Poor Boy kit in .36 caliber earlier today.

I certainly wasn’t sitting around thinking about how a rifle like that would make a nice compliment to my .36 caliber Colt Navy reproduction...
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 09-19-2019 at 11:44 PM.

All those poor surplus Beretta 51's and 81's floating around that need a home.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

A new offering of .32 Berettas was a bit of a strain.
    As was the advert for a couple of flintlock fowlers.
    I just hope nothing chambered in .30 Luger turns up around here.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I always thought the Beretta 51 was pretty cool- I owned a few toy guns in that shape during my youth.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Henry color case hardened carbine in .357. Didn’t Know I needed one until I touched one.

I see a lot of good irrational picks here like the .44 Auto Mag and the double-rifles.

I nearly bit on one a few years ago: an A.H. Fox Sterlingworth 16 gauge SxS.

An 1898 Krag SRC.

There are some others, but this would be a good start .....

Blaser R8 Left-Hand (.30-06)
    Dakota Arms Mod 10 (7x57)
    Holland & Holland Royal .12 Ga SxS w/26" Barrels
    S&W Registered .357 Magnum 6.5" Barrel (1st Year production)
    Last edited by 41magfan; 09-22-2019 at 08:35 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I definitely didn’t contact Sitting Fox Muzzleloaders for a quote on a Tennessee Poor Boy kit in .36 caliber earlier today.

I certainly wasn’t sitting around thinking about how a rifle like that would make a nice compliment to my .36 caliber Colt Navy reproduction...
    It would certainly be totally irrational to visit the website for Track of the Wolf...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List