Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Irrational Firearm Desires

How about a mince that shoots .22’s? Lol!

https://www.sidearmsams.com/product/.../#lg=1&slide=0

I have a totally irrational want for a CZ527 carbine in 7.62x39

....but I want it to have an old school adjustable rear sight that is graduated from 100-500 meters.

I want a wheellock, a Ferguson breech loader, and a Light Infantry Officer's Fusee. Moving on into the next century, start with a Springfield Model 1803 Rifle, and a Hall Breechloading Carbine, and, of course, a Gatling Gun. And maybe a Mitralleuse, just to be different.

For starters.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I have a totally irrational want for a CZ527 carbine in 7.62x39

....but I want it to have an old school adjustable rear sight that is graduated from 100-500 meters.
    I want one with a receiver mounted peep sight.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

A Luger in nice shape but without a ton of superfluous collector value. The problem is it seems like you need a PhD in Lugers to find the right one without getting ripped off. Also, when it breaks...

Same goes for a Webley.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I have 4 or 5 I'd like for defensive stuff that I don't have yet. And acouple that would be used for hunting and stuff.

Just for wantsies?

-M4 Deployment Clone.
    -M16A2 Clone.
    -Colt 727.
    -Colt 933.
    -M14 or M1A.
    -M110K1.
    -M1 Garand.
    -M1903
    -Winchester 1897.
    -M1911A1.
    -S&W 2" .38 Victory Model.
    -Harper's Ferry Pistol (x2 obviously).
    -Dan Wesson 10mm, but with Baer style T-Chrome.

I don't know. I'm sure there is a ton more.

-Cory
    After some more thinking I would add:

-M40A1 Clone.
    -Winchester Model 70 in 30-06 with 8x Unertl Scope (ala Hathcock).
    -Mark 18 Clone
    -Mk 22 Hush Puppy Clone
    -Beretta with KAC Clip On
    -High Standard HD Military OSS clone
    -MEUSOC 1911 clone by Dave Berryhill (The older style MEUSOC with the Clark grip safety and ring style hammer).
    -Sig M11
    -STI 5.0 Tactical Bomar adjustable sights, non-full length dustcover. (These were used breifly by SOF and then released to civilian market and sold on Gun Broker. Incredibly rare thing.)
    -Glock 22 RTF with Gills with 6 second mount, T1, and x300, Tan G22 mags(Commonly refered to as a CAG clone in it's various configurations).
    -Glock 19M
    -Glock
    -Mk23
    -Mk25

There are more I'm sure. I'm pretty drawn to handguns with US military history, and few rifles with the same.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 09-14-2019 at 08:22 AM.

I can’t keep from wanting a heavy .35 Whelen 16” carbine, either a Shuff’s Mini-G with full 8-round en-bloc capability, or a Yugoslav M76 reworked into the Whelen, feeding from CSS Vepr 30-06 magazines.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Just a few from my "I want it because I want it, practicality be damned"
    • H&K MP5/10 SD
    • KAC LMG
    • Full Stoner 63 kit (Bren, carbine, belt setups and all the accessories)
    • CZ Škorpion vz. 61
    • Lemat Revolver
    • Remington 81 Special Police (.35 Rem with 15rd Magazine)
    • Ultimax 100
    • American 180
    • Johnson M1941
    • Carl Gustaf m/45 or S&W M76

And that's just a few. If I hit the Powerball, my collection would probably look like something between a playlist from Forgotten Weapons and Reed Knight's museum's back room. I'd also like to have an example of a service rifle/pistol from every conflict from the Revolution to Present Day for a display in my office one day but that's on down the road.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

@cor_man257 and @ragnar_d,

You guys are just listing collectible arms that make complete rational sense to purchase for historic, C&R or general collectible purchase.
    Last edited by TGS; 09-14-2019 at 05:52 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    @cor_man257 and @ragnar_d,

You guys are just listing collectible arms that make complete rational sense to purchase for historic, C&R or general collectible purchase.
    Brilliant.

User Tag List