Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Irrational Firearm Desires

Hmm, that reminds me that I want a blunderbuss, and a Colt Root style revolver.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Winchester 1895s in .30 Government and 7.62 Russian.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

STI Staccato.
    #RESIST

Have been arguing with myself, how one determines, rational, verses irrational. I'd like to shoot (and possibly own) a 229, as well as one of the new Colt revolvers. Shoot a PS90 as well as a Calico, as I figured it would be hard to screw up gravity for feeding a gun, but I heard Calico did just that.

None of that, seems irrational.

What seems irrational to me, would be to be just like Beto, and want all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    STI Staccato.
    Yep, the C model. Got hands on with one yesterday. $1499.00 is a pretty steep price of admission, but, quite possibly worth every shekel if it makes my shooting more better.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Winchester 1895s in .30 Government and 7.62 Russian.

Ooooh, yeah..The Russians ordered around 250,000 of them in 7.62..I’ve often wondered where they all went. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a few crates of them in storage over there somewhere.. I had a M95 repro that Winchester was selling for awhile, but it was in .270.. I got in a tight spot and traded in to pay a debt.. but, a M95 in.270 just wasn’t right..if it had been in 30-06, I would’ve had a much more difficult time parting with it..

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Ooooh, yeah..The Russians ordered around 250,000 of them in 7.62..I’ve often wondered where they all went. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a few crates of them in storage over there somewhere.. I had a M95 repro that Winchester was selling for awhile, but it was in .270.. I got in a tight spot and traded in to pay a debt.. but, a M95 in.270 just wasn’t right..if it had been in 30-06, I would’ve had a much more difficult time parting with it..
    .30-06 would be OK, but I was thinking of .30-40 Krag.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    .30-06 would be OK, but I was thinking of .30-40 Krag.
    I’ve seen a few of those, LGS I used to go to (shop’s been closed for a few years, as the owner died) one time a local came in with a ‘76 Winchester, in I think 44-40, and a ‘95 in 30-40,both in decent shape, and wanted to sell them both, The owner bought them, and the ‘95 went into his personal collection, the ‘76 he sold.. I think the person who sold them had basically inherited his grandmothers house, and found these in a closet, and like an idiot foolishly sold them.. It always stunned me what kind of firearms would come into this guys shop, that people would want to sell, a lot of times it was junk, and a lot of other times people didn’t have a clue what they had..All they knew it was grandpappys old gun, and they figured it was worth something...

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I keep getting stuck on the idea a Winchester 1873 trapper size carbine (16") in 357 with a 4" smith 19 would be pretty handy for a walk around setup where bears arent an issue.
    This is not irrational, no no no! Only I'm replacing the m19 with a gp100. Hopefully this will be my Christmas present to my self this year, barring any check engine lights.

Well some others came to me as I perused this thread:

Remington models 8 & 14.
    Marlin 336 Marauder.

User Tag List