Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buying a slide for an RMR cut

Talked with ATEi and was quoted for a simple RMR cut with a black anodized finish for the cut - 6 to 10 weeks.

Email sent to Jagerwerks.

Voicemail left at L&M Precision

2nd email sent to Trident Defense.

Will post back what I find.

I just got a slide for gen-4 G-19 with an RMR cut from Brownells for about $210
    Excellent quality & price and no need to wait.

Simong.

Site Supporter
    I was in similar situation except I was looking at a M&P. I got a new in box S&W M&P CORE (1.0 not 2.0) complete top end for $350 tax and delivery.

I’ve been waiting very impatiently for the Unity Tactical ATOM slides to come back in stock.

The Agency Syndicate slides are out for gen 3 and 4. They are a bit pricey but they use the modular AOS system.

I've been talking to a few machine shops and a couple of things stood out to me that I had not considered previously. While they make sense after the discussion, the old saying: you don't know what you don't know kind of stood out to me.

One was that Cerakote coatings have a thickness and can complicate tight fitting millings.

The second was that after the milling, I thought that the only place recoated was somehow just the bare metal cut and not the whole slide. So you get a a nice Gen 5 Glock with a new, more durable coating and then they blast all that off there and apply a black nitrite coating. Is that what you really want to do?

I'm basically down to a Zev slide since they make Gen 5 slides. There are two options, an Omen or an Orion. The Omen has window cut, which look like a stop entry point to me but I much prefer the simple milling or an Orion with no windows but not my choice for aesthetics.

For a carry gun which way do you vote: Omen or Orion?

Just need one last push before I place an order.

I welcome pms on a good place to buy a trijicon rmr rm06 type 2 - today. I missed both the Palmetto state and the Primary arms sales which sold out in minutes. (at least that is my perception)

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    You may want to consider why nobody has said, "Yeah, go for the Zev."

Among other reasons, I personally I think Zev is so cheesy I couldn't carry any of their slides, and both of the Gen 5 slides look like dog shit.

There's plenty of places that will mill your slide. I'd go that route before I bought a Zev. And you don't need to get it recoated/Cerakoted, unless you just want a different color.

And I'm not a fan of windows or any unnecessary holes in the slide. Then everyone says, "What about Beretta?" That's a different design. When crap gets into your Glock slide, it has nowhere to go.
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 09-13-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Brownells slide so far I'm really happy

Name:  IMG_6566 (1).jpg
Views: 2552
Size:  64.5 KBName:  IMG_6567.jpg
Views: 1235
Size:  71.1 KB

Wright Armory in Mesa, AZ has milled 2 HK VP9’s for me. Turnaround on each was a week including shipping time.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    You may want to consider why nobody has said, "Yeah, go for the Zev."

Among other reasons, I personally I think Zev is so cheesy I couldn't carry any of their slides, and both of the Gen 5 slides look like dog shit.

There's plenty of places that will mill your slide. I'd go that route before I bought a Zev. And you don't need to get it recoated/Cerakoted, unless you just want a different color.

And I'm not a fan of windows or any unnecessary holes in the slide. Then everyone says, "What about Beretta?" That's a different design. When crap gets into your Glock slide, it has nowhere to go.
    I would take the Zev Omen, which is a more simple design, if it didn't have those windows. The Orion is over the top for me too. I mostly like the finish and it's gtg out of the box.

Simong, I even think that those Brownells slides are on sale right now.

Lt Dave, maybe, I just need to find a place with better turn around time. I ordered my next G19 yesterday, this one with front serrations from the factory and that look / function is what I am after. The Gen 5 slides are much slicker than my G3s and G4s so I wanted simple,, function front serrations.

The gun and the Trijicon RM06 type 2 were both ordered yesterday. Should be here by Weds. Either want to order a slide today or find a place to ship the gun to, once it arrives. I'm finally moving forward. Thanks for all of the help everyone.

User Tag List