Thread: Is The New Improved Leupold DPP Out Yet?

Is The New Improved Leupold DPP Out Yet?

I've been checking my usual outlets and it seems the DPP's aren't available for the last month or so. Makes me think the new improved version is due before long.

Hopefully soon. I want to get a backup slide assembly built.

I have become addicted to the dot.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

What's new with the DPP? What are they changing?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What's new with the DPP? What are they changing?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I read on Benos forum (from none other than GJM I believe??) that Leupold is supposedly coming out with a new more rugged DPP sometime this fall. It's an old thread and I'm not sure I can find it now w/o some searching there. I'm holding off for now. When I buy a new backup DPP I'd like to be the new and improved version.

My understanding is that Leupold has been upgrading dead DPP returns to the new version for a few months now.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Site Supporter
    There has been “chatter” about an improved DPP for a bit now.

Lock and Load Radio recently posted this review of a sentinel concepts RDS class and he mentions using a “DPP Gen 2”

Given that M17/18 uses the DPP footprint, apparently the new production X5s are now coming cut for the DPP footprint and SIG has released the Romeo1 PRO which uses the DPP footprint it would make sense for Leupold to up their game.

The question is will Leupold announce and delineate the change or will it simply be a rolling change like the original sig Romeos vs the “Gen 2” without the exposed glass.

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post

My understanding is that Leupold has been upgrading dead DPP returns to the new version for a few months now.
    The last one I sent back in August did not come back with the upgraded battery contact as in GJM”s pics in the big DPP thread. So I have three that will have to go back again in the future. When in the future is the question as I’ve been shooting an SRO for the last few weeks and the season here is winding down.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    The last one I sent back in August did not come back with the upgraded battery contact as in GJM”s pics in the big DPP thread. So I have three that will have to go back again in the future. When in the future is the question as I’ve been shooting an SRO for the last few weeks and the season here is winding down.
    The one I recently sent back didn’t have the new contact either.

I picked up two news ones about two weeks ago to replace some I had broken, both still the old system.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Seems like being a red dot shooter requires much patience and plenty of spares.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Seems like being a red dot shooter requires much patience and plenty of spares.

I would concur with this!

User Tag List