Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 for interstate overlanding/remote 4x4 camping? Or maybe a Lever Action?

Just to throw it out as an option
    https://www.remington.com/shotguns/p...ss-turkey-camo
    Toss in an IC choke and maybe some magpul furniture it might be another option.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Yes, nice rig! It’s way too clean though [emoji3].

I like my 1301, and wouldn’t hesitate to bring it on an overland trip.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    Yeah...and there's something practical and familiar about a vent. rib sight set up..I've actually never had a shotgun with a tactical sight set up, that'll be a lot of back and forth for me trying to decide, LOL...although I would like to potentially go with an Aimpoint T2 on it maybe, in which case the tactical version would be the way to go. I'm planning on getting this at Christmas so I have some time to go back and forth with myself, hehe.
    Aridus may be releasing a CROM for the Comp in the near future... There was a treaser pic on FB and the guess was it would be for the Comp. It may not be that but you have the time to see.

Edit: I went back and looked at it and I was wrong... It was for the LTT collaboration. Sorry.
    Last edited by GearFondler; 09-11-2019 at 04:25 AM.

Ke arms has a mount for a micro for a comp

http://www.kearms.com/1301-comp-h1t1-mount
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Where did your overland adventure take you?
    Wyoming, Absaroka Mountain Range, Bighorns, Medicine Bow NF, Green Mountain.

Wyoming is certainly one of those places that is indeed a 4wheel overland paradise. I could have done 2 months and not seen everything I wanted to.

Yeah...and there's something practical and familiar about a vent. rib sight set up..I've actually never had a shotgun with a tactical sight set up, that'll be a lot of back and forth for me trying to decide, LOL...although I would like to potentially go with an Aimpoint T2 on it maybe, in which case the tactical version would be the way to go.
    I also shoot a lot of skeet and am thinking I want the Comp 21" (just one more safe queen to sell...), and it is drilled so if you wanted to go with precise sighting you could.
    Name:  Comp Drilled.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  19.5 KB
    I am also intrigued by the relieved loading port, and would rather not relieve the Tactical.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Ke arms has a mount for a micro for a comp
    http://www.kearms.com/1301-comp-h1t1-mount
    Nice mount, thanks for that.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Wyoming, Absaroka Mountain Range, Bighorns, Medicine Bow NF, Green Mountain.

Wyoming is certainly one of those places that is indeed a 4wheel overland paradise. I could have done 2 months and not seen everything I wanted to.
    2 months? Hell 2 decades!

I think this would be a good place for a 30-30. The slim profile of a lever gun (or a pump shotgun, which I know you didn’t ask about) makes it very easy to cram into tight places in a vehicle and still have it easily retrieved.

Realistically three month from now is that long gun going to afterthought that’s crammed behind the seats or something that you will still be consciously packing?
    Last edited by txdpd; 09-11-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

A 1301 would be a good choice.

Though I definitely would consider a break action gun. The advantages of a break action gun - it’s generally another 3-4” shorter with an 18.5” barrel, it’s also easy to get into action (though a pump or semi-auto with the bolt back is too). Being able to quickly unload the gun also has advantages, if you’ll be doing any amount of administrative handling with the weapon.

My “50-state legal” road trip gun is a shortened H&R Topper 12-gauge. A butt-cuff with buckshot and I carry a few slugs and more buckshot with me.

I bought a 1301 about a year ago and freaking love it. And I’m not a shotgun guy but an AR guy. It’s pretty tough to beat and when you throw in legal restrictions it’s top of the food chain.

That said here in free country I slightly favor my 6.8 SPC 10.5” AR but that wouldn’t work for you.

User Tag List