Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 1301 for interstate overlanding/remote 4x4 camping? Or maybe a Lever Action?

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Attachment 42683
    Buds is out of stock but shows them at $564. Considering it is sitting in a $270 stock that seems like a nice deal. Also available in 6.5C.
    That does look pretty tough. Great price too. I'll take a closer look, need to see its weight!

Site Supporter
    You could easily keep two shotgun shells in a pocket or use a 2 shell holder fitting on a waist belt. Skeet/trap shooting supply vendors sell these. I occasionally use hard eyeglass cases to contain pistol magazines. These would hold a few shotgun shells also. A box store Mossberg pump might serve your purpose nicely. These are available in security versions. Inexpensive, they work. If lost or stolen, you would not be heavily penalized from a cost standpoint. A simple small metal tool box with a hasp might work well as a way to lock up handguns should that be necessary. The tool box would not telegraph handgun to nosy people or cops peeking into your vehicle. In my part of the world most cops would like to chat about guns once they saw that they posed no threat. If not, they still would not likely ask a bunch of questions or inquire. You, on the other hand, are traveling into and through places where you can't assume how others view firearms. Too, while attempting to comply, you could still make an error and commit an infraction. Maybe. Maybe not. You see my point. For any new purchases you may wish to carry receipts with you.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    You could easily keep two shotgun shells in a pocket or use a 2 shell holder fitting on a waist belt. Skeet/trap shooting supply vendors sell these. I occasionally use hard eyeglass cases to contain pistol magazines. These would hold a few shotgun shells also. A box store Mossberg pump might serve your purpose nicely. These are available in security versions. Inexpensive, they work. If lost or stolen, you would not be heavily penalized from a cost standpoint. A simple small metal tool box with a hasp might work well as a way to lock up handguns should that be necessary. The tool box would not telegraph handgun to nosy people or cops peeking into your vehicle. In my part of the world most cops would like to chat about guns once they saw that they posed no threat. If not, they still would not likely ask a bunch of questions or inquire. You, on the other hand, are traveling into and through places where you can't assume how others view firearms. Too, while attempting to comply, you could still make an error and commit an infraction. Maybe. Maybe not. You see my point. For any new purchases you may wish to carry receipts with you.
    Seems like well thought out advice to me! Thanks!

When I use a shotgun as a travel weapon - I put two shells (both slugs), in a little pouch that has velcro on it. It sticks to the inside of the pocket of the vest I wear that conceals my handgun.

If I have to retrieve my shotgun out of the trunk, I can rapidly pop the gun open and go. Remember I typically use a break action gun, but a pump or semi-auto with the bolt back is a drop and go affair also.

Attachment 42683
    Buds is out of stock but shows them at $564. Considering it is sitting in a $270 stock that seems like a nice deal. Also available in 6.5C.
    I'd love to hear about any first hand experience with the Ruger American(either Magpul or standard Predator config) if anyone has some. The price is very appealing, but I had a really disappointing experience with a Ruger American Rimfire and I'm not keen on buying another budget Ruger product.

I just got back from California after attending Robinson Helicopter School. You cannot buy ammo in California without a California ID and it's illegal to bring ammo in from out of state.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I just got back from California after attending Robinson Helicopter School. You cannot buy ammo in California without a California ID and it's illegal to bring ammo in from out of state.
    What does an out-of-state hunter do?

Chris

Site Supporter
    Attachment 42683
    That pig has a much heavier barrel than the Ruger American predator.

The predator has a medium weight barrel that can be used off hand as a hunting rifle or as a bipod type gun. The model you linked is not going to be useful other than off a bipod.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    That law about bringing ammo into California only applies to residents of California from everything I’ve found about the law online.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That pig has a much heavier barrel than the Ruger American predator.
    While obviously thicker, I really was surprised it is as much as it is.
    Name:  Almost three pounds.JPG
Views: 442
Size:  9.8 KB

User Tag List