Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is the ACOG dead?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    It’s totally dead.

If anyone has a Triangle/Delta Reticle ACOG that needs to be disposed of, PM me. I’ll send you a shipping address.

Like wise I hear the Trijicon Reflex is also dead. Triangle/Delta reticle Reflexes are also capable of being recycled with RevolverRob’s Obsolete Optics Recycling Service.
    I wish I had learned about the RX30 before Aimpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    How do the 1.5x16 ACOGs compare to the 1.5x24 versions?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I would be interested not only in the above comparison, but also in a comparison of either or both of the above with the 2x20 version.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I would be interested not only in the above comparison, but also in a comparison of either or both of the above with the 2x20 version.
    Primary difference is eye relief and FOV

Model | eye relief | degrees | @100

1.5x16 | 2.40 | 7.40 | 39.00
    1.5x24 | 3.60 | 4.90 | 25.60
    2.0x20 | 2.10 | 5.60 | 29.50

I am having a hell of a time sharing google sheets of late, so apologies if this link doesn’t work. It is an old sheet, but I can’t imagine the specs on these models has changed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...FBTVqVzFc/edit

Attaching an image as well just in case.

Name:  B2CFDF6D-57E5-486D-A106-697677DE999F.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  99.6 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Primary difference is eye relief and FOV

Model | eye relief | degrees | @100

1.5x16 | 2.40 | 7.40 | 39.00
    1.5x24 | 3.60 | 4.90 | 25.60
    2.0x20 | 2.10 | 5.60 | 29.50

Just to throw the Leupold 2.5X20mm in to the mix;

2.5x20 | 4.9 | 7.5 | 39.5 | 6.5 ounces

You lose reticle illumination but get a reticle you can focus (and for some of us, actually see sharp enough to use).

I do like the Steiner 3x and 4x Fixed power.

I got to use them at Modern Day Marine last year and the previous version the year before, First year T-series and second year the S-Series but ended up buying a Steiner 1-4x before the price went up.

Just as a Update: USMC selected the 1-8 Trijicon VCOG as our new Squad Common Optic, it will eventually be replacing all of the currently used optics on our M27's and M38's. Still not sure on the fielding timeline. M4's in the supporting establishment are expected to remain equipped with RCO's (ACOG's).
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Yep, when a $300 1-8x vortex can do everything and more, time to hang it up.
    Which Vortex is that? Just asking because I'm not familiar with the models.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

As mentioned by others, the 4X ACOG "scope image" is better for me due to less distortion caused by my astigmatism compared to Aimpoints. It also is a good fit on an AR used for coyotes. I have one AR with a COMP M4, one with Leupold 1.5-5X20, and another with an ACOG. The first is the one designated for HD. The ACOG is better for my usage in the farm fields than the Leupold due to the better image and lit reticle.

Site Supporter
    I have a TA31 that I traded into years ago. It's in a return-to-zero QD mount from GDI that I bought on closeout. The eye relief sucks, but the BDC is pretty useful, having a little magnification is nice, and the RTZ works well enough for me to not notice a zero shift with the ammo being used.

Would I pay retail for one in 2020? No, probably not. I'd likely buy an LPVO in 1-4 / 1-6 / 1-8 / etc. if I were starting from scratch today.

User Tag List