Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun sales surge 15%, driven by self-protection and Pelosi-Schumer demand for limits

It would be interesting how much of that number were first time owners.

Thinking about starting a thread with some other impossible to answer questions.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    So right around 900,000 guns A MONTH go through the National Instant Criminal Background Check (NICS) system.

That's over 10 million guns a YEAR.

Those people vote . . . . so how many people in the U.S. actually own firearms? One recent estimate I saw was 55 million plus

I can see the OP's topic, for sure.

I'm replacing my Glock 26.5 with a Glock 43X. And I'm eyeing how much, exactly, ammo I intend to stockpile over the next four years. I don't want to be in a situation like in 2014 where you could not buy ammo where I live, literally anywhere, due to hoarding. (Of course I realize ironically I'm now going to be contributing to the mass hysteria.)

I dunno what to do, if anything, about the bunch of 15 round G19 magazines I have. Do I have enough? I think I have low double digits. Is that enough for a semi-retired geezer who only gets to a USPSA match in a blue moon? So if they get "outlawed" and possession is a felony (like it is in Cali) how do I even use them at the range? I can't bring them to shoot in case some SJW points them out. And if I drill a hole in some home invader with two rounds of 9mm 147 HST with my 19, as a nightstand gun, will the family of the individual assuming room temperature sue my pants off for using a felonious gun magazine WITH 15 ROUNDS? I mean, I can have a mysterious fishing accident with them, but how does that help?

What a weird America we are living in these days. Two random assholes commit an unspeakable tragedy, and all of us people who just want to enjoy shooting for self defense and a hobby get collectively being taken off the cliff. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

I'm replacing my Glock 26.5 with a Glock 43X. And I'm eyeing how much, exactly, ammo I intend to stockpile over the next four years. I don't want to be in a situation like in 2014 where you could not buy ammo where I live, literally anywhere, due to hoarding. (Of course I realize ironically I'm now going to be contributing to the mass hysteria.)

I dunno what to do, if anything, about the bunch of 15 round G19 magazines I have. Do I have enough? I think I have low double digits. Is that enough for a semi-retired geezer who only gets to a USPSA match in a blue moon? So if they get "outlawed" and possession is a felony (like it is in Cali) how do I even use them at the range? I can't bring them to shoot in case some SJW points them out. And if I drill a hole in some home invader with two rounds of 9mm 147 HST with my 19, as a nightstand gun, will the family of the individual assuming room temperature sue my pants off for using a felonious gun magazine WITH 15 ROUNDS? I mean, I can have a mysterious fishing accident with them, but how does that help?

What a weird America we are living in these days. Two random assholes commit an unspeakable tragedy, and all of us people who just want to enjoy shooting for self defense and a hobby get collectively being taken off the cliff. Sigh.
    Its not just two though. Its a constant stream of them monthly, for years that has caused this.

I bought a carbine last year before 1639 went into effect here in WA. That was my first one other than WW2 relics that I screw around with. Those don't always run. I'm a benchrest shooter so I've never thought about owning a modern carbine until recently. I'm not buying another one, just want to have one around in case 1) prices get stupid again, 2) sales are restricted, or 3) I actually need one in a SHTF situation which I think is extremely unlikely.

I think ammo is way more important so I focus on that instead of hardware. That's going to be a problem in the near future. Being able to reload will pay dividends.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-12-2019 at 08:16 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Sell me the glock 19 mags... [emoji23].

Definitely getting more ammo and mags...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

You actually wouldn't be contributing to it, you'd be ameliorating it.

The shortage was caused by people who didn't plan ahead for the future and made a mad dash when it was too late. If you plan ahead, you won't be part of the problem. Any consumable that is worth having, is worth having a reserve of incase of shortage. Food, water, ammunition, cash or valuable metals, H&K parts, alcohol, etc. These things happen, that's how life goes.

I strongly support the idea of buying enough ammo to support yourself through another drought. Ya'll should be doing it. I've been doing it for common calibers like 9mm since the end of the last drought even though I get ammo from work, and I've been doing it with rarer calibers (like 7.5 Swiss) since college. I can still walk out with at least 200 rounds 9mm and 100 rounds of 5.56 every time I visit the Firearms Training Unit, but it used to be we could walk out with cases in a few different calibers that we don't even use. If another ammo drought occurs, I don't want to be left standing there dumbfounded with no practice ammo at home and work saying they don't give it out anymore, or only in sparing amounts for FTU-run training events.

Thinking about it, even my agency stockpiles ammo for future droughts. Why shouldn't you?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I'm sure the firearms and ammo manufacturers get a bump from the panic buying, but I wonder about the rest of the industry. Are people spending equally on other accessories or do they not buy them because they spent all their money on another gun?

Gun sales surge 15%, driven by self-protection and Pelosi-Schumer demand for limits

I’m at my LGS right now, as a matter of fact. And my sgammo order just changed status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RJ; 09-13-2019 at 02:11 PM.

I’m at my LGS right now, as a matter of fact. And my sgammo order just changed status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Getting your 43x? I need to order mine.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List