Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun sales surge 15%, driven by self-protection and Pelosi-Schumer demand for limits

Gun sales surge 15%, driven by self-protection and Pelosi-Schumer demand for limits

The leading indicator of gun sales jumped in August, driven in part by Americans seeking self-protection and deep concerns congressional Democrats are going to push through expanded gun control legislation.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...and-for-limits
    Last edited by Amp; 09-10-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Name:  brace-yourselves-here-1z4yqi.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  46.3 KB

I'm going to go add a bunch of powder and primers into my Brownells cart. I don't actually have any reloading gear currently, but I'm to the point where I feel that I should have enough materials on hand to eventually roll my own, because it's coming.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    So the idea is, get in before the hoarding starts for real. Then hold the stuff you hope will appreciate so you can sell it for more in a couple years.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    So the idea is, not to lose your shit every 2-4 years.
    FIFY.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    So the idea is, get in before the hoarding starts for real. Then hold the stuff you hope will appreciate so you can sell it for more in a couple years.
    For me, I just want to start adding more ammo and mags, before things get crazy, again.

STI mags are at the top of my list - Can't have enough of those.

And then ammo. And while it's never made much sense cash wise for me to reload 9mm, my re-acquisition of a .45 and the price uptick in .38 Special means buying loading materials now will just pay dividends in the long run. I'm still only shooting ~1-2k rounds annually right now. So, buying enough to load up 5,000 in each of my big calibers (9mm, .38, .45) will keep me supplied until the 2022 mid-terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    FIFY.
    We must remember every presidential election is a choice between
    1) godless communism, every child a "they," the obliteration of religious freedom and the right to bear arms -OR-
    2) Dominonist tyranny, white supremacy and concentration camps for undocumented saints.

Either way, IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT MORAL AND EXISTENTIAL THREAT THE REPUBLIC HAS EVER FACED. OMG, THE FOUNDERS WOULD SHIT THEMSELVES! IT'S DEFINITELY FASCISM/SHARIA LAW/COMMUNISM FROM HERE ON IN UNLESS WE CAN BEAT THE RUSSIAN-BACKED RACISTS/SJW SCUM THIS TIME!!!!

(The NRA's business model is utterly dependant on the "bad times.")

Me, I'm too fuckin' tight right now to give a fuck about stocking up. I almost got the reloading press back up and functioning....
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

For me, I am just buying ammo when I can. I don’t NEED anything, but would like to have a few exotic guns. I think this panic will be next spring and summer. Then I think it will get really STUPID. Last time I saw some stupidity, and I don’t think anyone has learned anything.

On the bright side SG Ammo will make a lot of money along with all the Ammo distributors and the gun industry will sell a lot.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I bought my first AR-15 back in June.... about to complete my 4th sometime this week, lol. Planning to fill the safe with ARs and ammo/mags for said ARs between now and the next election, or whenever prices start getting too rich for my blood.

Site Supporter
    If I stock up on anything, it'll be ammo and/or reloading components (granted, I'm not short of anything at the moment). I should probably buy more mags for the mag-fed guns (only have 4, but that represents two different mag types), but I'm not lacking now.

Infringement issues aside, I don't like ARs enough to accumulate them beyond the two I have (carbine and rifle). I'd probably dump the carbine if I had to choose.

Chris

15% is not bad actually, in comparison to some previous panics. I think we'll see more next year. Having said that, I don't think it will be as bad. Sales have been down because less people are buying firearms and those that do, er, have a bunch.

Personally I am stocked up just fine from recovering from the last freakout. I see no need to get a carbine now just to have it banned in two years, especially when I don't have a need for it now.

Wouldn't mind a Ruger PCC, but no biggie either way.

User Tag List